Reviews for "SSAM #1"

Hmmmm..... good animation.....

not that much exitement but u can do better action flashes with those animations......

Emo rhetoric.

That's it. The graphics were a sub-par South Park, which is amazing because they're sub-par as it is... even though I like South Park.

It was about some poor little kid no one loves. Aw. This is way better posted on some emo fan board.

The best part was the music. And unless you did that yourself, it's not very redeeming.

You get a 5 for being average. Just like the loser in the cartoon.

okay

Romantism is a boring thing made up to disguise our primal instincts of reproduction with a pheromone-compatible partner into a tellable thing.

But nice to watch :)

OurGuardian responds:

Very nice qoute. I'll remember that.

Well it DOES look like south park

And Im sick to the gills with South Park GOD!!!!But the little poetry is really good and it totally makes up for the drawings.I think you should write and let someone else draw your sprites or something.

But a A for effort.

Okay, I put a one up there! Gasp! I'm not an emtyheaded blam happy prepubecent boy, so I'll give you details as to why I thought you failed in this series. Consider it to be more of a series overview than a simple review of part five.
Firstly, the graphics! Let's say a certian Matt Stone and Trey Parker were never born and none of their intellectual property ever came to be, I'd say you've got a unique style. But sadly for you, they were born and you've used the style of South Park. This is a shame because artists who do this rarely develop their own style of drawing, and this makes for a mediocre artist indeed.
Secondly, the style. I've already explained the graphics problems, which hurt your style score. This series, even though it's concept is far too overdone, was built on a solid foundation. You had plans, you knew what you wanted out of the flash and it had to be just so. The concept in theory will deliver a powerful story about the struggle of a lonely heart. The concept was brilliant. The execution was not. The typos were a minor distration in your films. What stood out the most was the almost rushed feeling I was having while watching. The episodes should have been longer, and had more voice acting. Also, the ending made almost no sense. Wazzupwidat??
Thirdly, sound. Fairly appropriate BGM, but almost no voice. Nowadays flashes just about need to have voice acting to go anywhere.
Fourtly, violence. Violence was unrealistic when it made it's rare appearances. If one takes a punch in the face in front of a crowded school, they don't think about dying there. What's with the fat kid? Why was it the fat kid who shot the protagonist?
Humour and interactivity aren't really a part of this series, so I left them out. I'm not trying to talk trash about your series, but I can tell you could have done better. Voice, unique animation, more flow instead of rushing the story, a good ending... these things would have greatly increased the power of this series. I see that it's got a high score, yes. Apologies for the low review, but I'm too analytical to just say "Good job", when I know there was more potential. Good luck in the future.