Reviews for "SSAM #1"

Nicly done

Well scripted, the music seemed extreamly appropriate, and the graphics were well done... I am not partial to the South Park style of animation, but here you made it work very well.

Deserving of my 9, it was a good piece to watch.

LMFAO

Not to be offensive or anything, but that movie was one of the most emo flashes I've ever seen. Seriously, I was chuckling at it throughout because I kept expecting a joke to be coming. Unfortunately, one never came. Still, thanks for the laugh.

Graphics- The South Park style graphics were the highlight. They didn't fit the emo tone of the flash at all, but they were reasonably well done. I didn't like the lack of effort in the animation though. It was mostly tweens, and when they turned their head, the head would blink from one position to another. That looked horrible.
Style- I like South Park and I think you did a reasonably good job imitating it's graphical style, but I'll use the style category to review the plot. It was downright awful. Here is a basic summary of the flash: "Today is just like every other day, nobody notices me, my life sucks, look at my emo hairstyle, oh look a hot babe, I wish I could fuck her, but that's impossible, my life sucks, now I'm getting beat up for no reason, now I'm gonna die, oh look it's the hot babe, but it's not really a happy ending at all because of a line of text at the end." Seriously, doesn't that sound completely whiny and emo to you? You need to put some more thought into the plot of your next flash. This was totally cliche and boring.
Sound- the Armageddon music was pretty lame. That movie was awful. I think you should've used some Hawthorne Heights music or some other emo shit like that, it would've fit the flash better.
Violence- the part where he got beat up was pretty pathetic. They looked like they were hardly punching him.
Interactivity- a play button.
Humor- I found humor in the flash being so serious. It was funny that there was this happy ending at first, but then it ended with a quote saying that it wasn't actually a happy ending at all. For your next flash project I would suggest adding humor at least putting some more thought into it.

Is the guy in this flash supposed to be you in real life? If so, wow... you go ahead and keep feelin sorry for yourself buddy.
I apologize if this review seemed a little harsh, but emo movies like this really piss me off.

OurGuardian responds:

Wow long review, must respond.
1. emo = bad, why? I think it's kinda original to put emo shit on newgrounds. Since everybody here makes movies about blood, gore and sexual things.
2. No hell no. It's not me.
3. Good review, respect:)

uuuuuuuuhhhhh puuuuke

dont copy a kick-arse style and put in a cheesy emo theme. plus- whats with the hair? looks alittle gay 2 me man... nice animation though- smooth

It is so touching!

The moive is one of the best among all the NG entries I have ever seen. The graphhic are excellent. The style makes me remember South Park which all the characters look so cute. The sound fits the moive extremly well, and it is also very touching. You also have a great success in showing the youung boy's interactivities. It will be a big pity if it stops when the girl tries to lift the boy up. There must be something going on after it. Dude, you can make a really great and touching series based on the moive. I hope that I can watch the second part very soon. :)

OurGuardian responds:

Never said anything about a part 2 ghehe

simply great

this flash movie was great. i like how you incoporated southpark graphics but made the movie elegant. and that textue effect- very nice idea.