Reviews for "Legend Of Zelda: The Remix"

So many problems with this one

And yes I know that this is going to be marked abusive cause it's biased . . .

The intro was a little awkward. The timing was not even at all.

Once the techno started kicking in it was a bit cooler.

The notes were kinda wrong, don't know if that was intentional or not and if it was then kudos for originality.

But overall there was still not very much detail. It's just basic stereotypical Newgrounds song with one or two instruments and a drum.

I'm sorry, but this does not deserve the weekly #1 spot at all.

=PS=

JohnnyFrizz responds:

Oh Im so sorry dude, I guess you could have done it A LOT much better 3 years ago.

Why don't you make one to show us how it should be done ;D

Please

This was bad.
Keep a tempo, please.

Meh

When people compose remixes, one of the biggest things I look for is how you can make a song "your own", and not only take the existing melody and accompaniment and change it into something original, as if it was almost a completely different song. Sadly I didn't find that here.

It's a good arrangement of the Zelda theme, but as a remix I think it fell short. Especially with a song as complex as this, there is so much more you can take advantage of, instead of adding just a 4beat kick and some rhythmic synths.

Don't take this as some jealous person trying to bash your song, I congratulate you on getting the top 5. But for something that has been remixed the death, I would suggest in the future to be more original so that your remix can stick out and be unique.

Take care.

JohnnyFrizz responds:

Thanks man, I would like to respond to your review properly, but Im so tired to say this to everyone that I will just direct you to my Author Comments.

And just as an addition, let me just say that I wasn't that experienced in music production at the time I made this remix.

Enh..

Gonna be blunt, feels like you've killed a classic.

It's hard to call it a remix, nothing "new" or "original" going on other than your random technoish beat going on with some iffy arps.

The original had spectacular flourishes and epic strings and all that jazz, it's what drove the game. Unfortunately this reflects little to none of that.

Overall it end up sounding like a midi rip. I'm practically obsessed with Zelda and points for effort, but it just hurts to see something of this caliber on the weekly top five.. ^_^

2/5
5/10

-M

Halfway through the song is finally when it's okay

There's no flow in this song at all. The notes aren't sustained enough, and until about 1:16 it's too simple. The harpsichord at the beginning was just annoying, and apparently off-key (that might be why it's annoying me so much).

What makes it worse is that it's a video game remix. I mean, if this was an original song, that might make up for some of the problems, but this song has been remixed so many times (and some are a lot better than this), I just can't give this song a good score.

*...Read the author comments...*