Reviews for "Legend Of Zelda: The Remix"

it was ok

its a fine remix i guess, its very hollow though, and i did not appreciate the beginning, a bit too much noise for my likes.
after a minute or so it got better, and began to take more form. much better ending than beginning.

JohnnyFrizz responds:

*...Read the Edit section on the author comments...*

bad intro

the first 40 seconds were bad. it just sounded ike random noise with the zelda theme in the backround. but after that it picked up and sounded really cool
keep up

Please

This was bad.
Keep a tempo, please.

Meh

When people compose remixes, one of the biggest things I look for is how you can make a song "your own", and not only take the existing melody and accompaniment and change it into something original, as if it was almost a completely different song. Sadly I didn't find that here.

It's a good arrangement of the Zelda theme, but as a remix I think it fell short. Especially with a song as complex as this, there is so much more you can take advantage of, instead of adding just a 4beat kick and some rhythmic synths.

Don't take this as some jealous person trying to bash your song, I congratulate you on getting the top 5. But for something that has been remixed the death, I would suggest in the future to be more original so that your remix can stick out and be unique.

Take care.

JohnnyFrizz responds:

Thanks man, I would like to respond to your review properly, but Im so tired to say this to everyone that I will just direct you to my Author Comments.

And just as an addition, let me just say that I wasn't that experienced in music production at the time I made this remix.

Enh..

Gonna be blunt, feels like you've killed a classic.

It's hard to call it a remix, nothing "new" or "original" going on other than your random technoish beat going on with some iffy arps.

The original had spectacular flourishes and epic strings and all that jazz, it's what drove the game. Unfortunately this reflects little to none of that.

Overall it end up sounding like a midi rip. I'm practically obsessed with Zelda and points for effort, but it just hurts to see something of this caliber on the weekly top five.. ^_^

2/5