Reviews for "Legend Of Zelda: The Remix"

Well.

This could be zelda, but it sounded horrible cheap in my opinion, so i don't blame you, i mean, it's an old project. No problem.

But why is this getting the top 5 then? I don't really understand.

No idea bro...

But thanks for da 7 :D

I guess you could have done it a lot better than me 3 years ago, right?

Interesting

I liked it, a nice remix on Zelda theme, but it IS changed up version of it. First seeing it I was afraid they would destroy the song with a strange remix, but he did a good job.

Well...an "A" for effort

My initial reaction upon hearing the first 45 seconds of the song was quite grim. I was about to do a Yatzee-esque destruction of this song. I have to say the rest of the song saved it. You didn't quite hit all the orchestral nuances in the song (and trust me on this one, they are VAST). That's what's really missing out of this. You're missing some voices. Also....clavichord? Come on now....if you're gonna use that as a voice, add some more low strings and some orchestral brass. You know, make it full and epic, like the game, itself. To this song's merit, it tries hard to be cool. It's really close to being something really special and awesome, but it just misses the mark. The buildup was well done, I will give you that. The actual melody timing was SO close to being done perfect. The trance/dance section was the best part of the song, man. If the song were just that, you'd be seeing a better rating out of me. Keep at it, you may just wow me yet. I'm feeling a bit charitable because you DID put decent touches on it, so 4/5 for you.

Ok job, needs improvement.

Melody: 1/2-for a legendary song, you messed up the main riff pretty bad. I automatically have to dock points off.
Beat: 2/2 - catchy and jamming'. Simple, but effective.
Base: 2/2-Big sound, like a club.
Effort: 1/2 - could have done a little more. It is way too skeletal here.
Drum: 0/2-was lacking to help the bass.
Listenability: 0/2-This song was overall hard to listen to.
Catchiness: 2/2-automatically Zelda is catchy. You didn't take away from that.
Mood: 2/2 - no comment
Instrument use: 0/2 - I didn't like the samples you used here at all.
Structure: 1/2-This song seems sloppily done. The intro could have just been one bar, and you could have raved the end part or a few more bars.
Smoothness: 1/2-It didn't flow as I thought it would.

OVERALL: I am very disappointed with this piece. This was definitely not your best work. I know you can do better. Work harder next time! 12/20

JohnnyFrizz responds:

Hahaha I bet you could have done it a lot better 3 years ago, right?

Ouch

Somehow needs more blending in the background, it just sounds like alot of dischord and inexperienced keyboard playing.

JohnnyFrizz responds:

Well thanks for the criticism but I will have to disagree with you, the dischord is you mention is probably the effect given by the Harpsichord and I don't see where's the inexperienced keyboard playing....