Reviews for "Peril: Distant Star"

hmm..

Starts off like Michael Jackson..

mr-jazzman responds:

Lol I can see this, actually. It kinda does, doesn't it?

this is the stuff...

but one thing...i listened to all of the peril songs and none of them sound like each other cpet this and the last one.

mr-jazzman responds:

Good point. I might end up goin for another "saga" of songs with an actual storyline, similar to Coheed & Cambria's aural story masterpieces...Just in DnB/Dubstep form...and with a little jazz/metal influence to boot. ;)

...

You continue to amaze me. It's nice to see music that doesn't follow a formula. You have creative music. Also, this sounds amazing in headphones, I can hear a wide array of sounds, and amazingness. Looking forward to your new works! Happy New Year.

mr-jazzman responds:

Thanks man, glad you liked this one as well =)

Excelent

It took me a while of thinking before downloading or commenting but I don't know why I waited so long because this is an good song.
I will be surprized when your other work comes out [you said there was more coming out after christmas so, i shall wait...]

mr-jazzman responds:

Hey man, I'm glad you liked, and I'm also glad that you're the first person I know of that's anticipating my new stuff. Trust me, I'm already hard in the works of several different projects as I type this, and I imagine it won't be too much longer before one of them ends up out here. So, wait patiently, and I won't disappoint! =)

Wow

Creativity: 10/10
Musically unique, defiantly stands out with the intro all the way into the end.
Substance: Less cymbals, it makes it sound really tinny otherwise good listen. :)
Quality: 7/10 The sound quality needs some work, it plays clear, but it sounds like it's being muffled by the melody itself.

mr-jazzman responds:

Hey man, I'm glad you found the creativity! That was what I was aiming for, was to be different. i can see what you mean about the cymbals (I'm assuming that you're referring to the hi hats), which tend to overpower things here and there. as for the crashes, i added those on purpose to give it a more "metal" edge, if you know what I mean. And as far as being "muffled," I guess you're pointing out that the sounds are kinda blended. I think that's due to an overdose on the reverb, and I'm gonna fix that in my future songs. I'm glad you gave me a serious review on this song man, it's rare that I find someone with this kind of feedback. merry christmas! =)