Reviews for "End of Nightmares"

YO!

It was AWSOME!
You gotta teach me how to animate that good ^^
It should be on front page :P
you said you couldnt understand a guys language:
translated from google's translation:
"I do not like, bleats excrement"

gavD responds:

Teaching? well, this is my story.

I started animating at 13 in 1994 with Autodesk Animator. I made ridiculous rubbish, but I enjoyed it. That's the key - enjoy what you're doing!

From autodesk, I progressed to animating in software in Qbasic (argualby a retrogression!), using silent music pauses to simulate frames on the Pazzman games (Pazzman appears on a wall in Pixelville Pensioners!)...

I got into Flash when I saw its potential in gaming - much of the API was there, and although it can be kludgy, it's possible to make great games in Flash (e.g. Alien Hominid)

Embeeforme started animating in Paint and GIF animator.

So it's like this: it's PUNK ROCK. Punk rock means this to us: GET WHAT YOU CAN, USE IT, AND ENJOY IT. Do it for yourself. Love it. Share it.

Big love,
gavD/embeeforme

This was fun.

I really enjoyed myself while playing this game, and thats what is most important about games. Every element was done very well and i will explain each one in detail in my review.

The graphics were good. The backrounds were very nicely done. The animation was very smooth and it was always clear what was going on. The colours were also pretty cool. The one problem with the graphics are the characters. The drawing of the boy could be more detailed and some of the robots were a bit plain. Either way graphics were very good overall.

The style in this movie was pretty good aswell. There was nothing too original about it, its a side scrolling beat-em-up. There arent really any unqiue game play elements. But side scrollers are always a blast to play. There was nothing much to the animating style except on a couple enemies and the backrounds. You did do a nice job on the controls and a nice job on the amusement part of the game.

Sound was good, but again there were a few problems. Some of the songs created a mood, but one or two of them did not fit in. I thought there was only one song at first and it got repetitive, but then i realized you could change them. All the songs were high quality and so were the sound effects. So good job on sound overall.

I liked the violence in this, nothing guresome and bloody but those things arent always necessary. This allows more ages to play and enjoy this game. There was obviously alot of interactivity as it was a game. The mini game and extras in the menu were cool additions.

Overall you guys both did a goos job and you got talent for making games. Keep making more, you can only get better!!! 4/5

gavD responds:

Thankyou Chris_Aldin, that's a very thorough and well thought out review, and we appreciate it. Props!

With the songs, I'd like to have blended them properly, but couldn't find a satisfactory method in Flash. I think you can fade out loops in software, but I had to draw a line under the project somewhere so I didn't implement it.

Violence wise, yeah I think we pitched it right - psychological rather than visceral

Thanks once again - if you're ever in Cardiff look me up, I'll buy you a pint!

Embeeforme: "I really really appreciate how you paid attention to detail. Not many people do that"

Wow!

One of the best games I've ever played on newgrounds. The controls were brilliant, there was a good variety of moves I could use, the graphics were brilliant, and some of the enemies were challenging. I managed to complete this on my first go, but it was amazing all the same. More! xD I want more! ^_^

gavD responds:

embeeforme: "The brilliant controls were gavD and were excellent. The game came to life"

gavD: Life imitates art - I just tried to make the game play how it looked. I hope I succeeded!

Pretty cool

It was alotta fun i only played it for about 15 min and i was really bad at it but it was cool!keep up the work

gavD responds:

Awesome MrCal! Keep playing, you'll get better... The controls are designed to be pretty flexible and to allow development...

Sweet!

That was fun it was like fighting against the tallest from invader zim and event thought i was pretty sucky at playing it, i even figured out some of the differnt moves and got to level four.on the easy level yes and got a score of 10960. this is great this could be like the next alian hominid thing because i tried playing it and i couldnt anywhere on that one barely. The art and it style rocks. and the animation.
GOod job !

gavD responds:

Ah, Invader Zim, something to do with the legendary Johnen Vasquez, right? I love JV! As for embeeforme, I dunno if he's a fan...

embeeforme says "thank you for your response, I've heard of Johnen Vasquez and I'm into Squee" so good shout on Invader Zim!

Much love for the positive review!