Reviews for "The Big Fat Tutorial"

Thank you so much!

now i can make a game and put it here! thank you so much!

Even though it's clunky, it helped.

This tutorial was very informative for me, it really helped a lot.
I finally figured out the faux 3D stuff in the Composition Tutorial.
If you build up the scene like Helbereth says and then tween the camera across, everything will move at the same speed. You have to tween the planes, not the camera.
I still have problems with masking though.

GREAT TUTORIAL!!!

haha i fuckin shit myself wen that thing popped out in the tint part

Perfect

i learned everything i need to know from here. I also 'stole' your tree models as references. and i finally understand movie clips. You also showed me how to do gradient fills, which i've been longing to do for eons. I'm only half way done as i write this review. Thanks alot--very nice tutorial! I love the music playing to, wish i could download it

Helbereth responds:

There's easter eggs in a few places. They're all referenced in the 'author's comments'. One of them contains directions for the music used not taken from the NG Audio portal - those links are available over on the left.

very good

Loved it, this is the best tutorial that I have seen in ... forever. Anyhow, I was kind of confused at a part of the camera explanation. After you showed how to set up the camera you explained you showed some methods of camera movement with lines and all. To me that looked as if that was what you had to do if you didn't use the camera you showed us. Is that so, or do you have to do those things even with the camera? Thanks in adance if you respond :)

Helbereth responds:

Ah, well I showed you the camera because it's a great time saver when you just need to do some simple panning. The other technique with separate layers moving independently is a technique you can use for more realistic panning.

You can also combine the two techniques by having the background items moving separately and using the camera to pass over them - or simply to place the camera in the right place rather than having to move the background precisely over the stage.