Reviews for "Journey to the East ~P~"

Wow!!

You definitley stuck to your theme REAAAlLLY well.

I loved the strings that come in at :24

The percs were really amazing, gave a real powerful effect to the song.

I liked the Koto? that came in at 1:42, really upped the energy level of the song.

The flute wasmy favorite part by far though. I always loved the flute.

Outro was simply amazing.

5/5 10/10 Really great work. Hope you do well in the contest!

Phyrnna responds:

Thank you very much! I was trying to stick to my theme without following the stereotype of pitch bending.
The strings I agree came out very well. That's because instead of using a single sound for "Strings" in their entirety, I orchestrated out parts for each part of the strings. Hence the full range of strings are represented - First Violins, Second Violins, Violas, and Celli.

That wasn't actually a koto, but the predecessor known as the Guzheng. The koto was invented after the Guzheng and based on it, hence the similar sounds.

As for the flute, there's only one flute part from 1:16 to 1:28 when I layered the woodwinds. The "flute" that enters in at 1:02 is actually a piccolo playing at an octave lower than it would usually be playing. At 1:29 is a second piccolo also doing about the same. But by layering these on top of each other, I can get a nice unique sound out of them. And yes, the solo in the outro is my favorite.

Thank you very much, I hope you do well too!

~Phyrnna ^_^

i literary listened to this for 6 HOURS straight

u just never get sick of it :D i felt at peace and when i got frustrated this song calmed me down^^ awsome man :3

cool

Awesomeness in the "Chinese" sounding music... This is as good I would say as some professional music like in movies! Nice work on the 9.9 ratings! CONGRATS

Oh hey look

It be my favorite track from EBF3~

western theme

Truly this song represents the wild west.