Reviews for "Tin:The Incompetent Ninja"

Very promising series

I really enjoyed your work here, although I have trouble believing that this is your first Flash! I bet we'll see some great things out of you. Keep it up.

SnafuDave responds:

Well as explained in a Much much earlier review this is my first flash yes but in the class we've done tons of little assignments like rotating logo's, making a Flash button, that sort of thing. So it was my first "Real" flash project but I had a lot of little exercises in Flash leading up to this.

I liked it

This is a very impresive work, and definately for a first. My only question is of his real incompetence, he seemed to be pretty skilled and just unlucky.

SnafuDave responds:

well when you read the seconed Tin comic (there are only 4) you'll find out he only got the "wrong guy"

excellent

that was great, especially for a first flick. the only thing I didn't like was the fact that there were no real sound effects. just music, although the soundquality of the music was incredible for the short load time. keep up the good work, I sure would like to see more from that series.

SnafuDave responds:

Yeah I'm thinking next time I'll have sound effects big time. Sadly that idea didn't even cross my mind until someone mentioned it after it was done. And yeah this movie is pretty compressed. I'm a filesize WHORE like that.

fun.... but disturbing in more than one way.

This was well done and well animated and definately a credit to the creator, and makes me look forward to what else he me contribute....

but...

I can't help but see some socio-political implications here.

A horde of short, asian people who look identical? and a ninja who kills them all because he cannot tell the difference? I'm not about to accuse you of subtle racist messages, but its something you should be conscious of. I had to fight off the tremendous urge to become offended by what I saw. Other than that it was just fun.

SnafuDave responds:

lol Sorry about that. Thanks for the review. Yeah I can see that. Honestly I was showing it to my classmate before it was completed (and he's asian) and he pointed out to me that I was totally playing off of the "all asians look alike" stereotype. So yeah, oops. But yeah thanks for the review and sorry if it offended you.

Nice

I like the style and the backgrounds and stuff were great. The charactors were a bit of a let down though. They were all shitty and weird.

SnafuDave responds:

lol. Sorry bout that. I've always had a simple character style. But I totally respect that you don't like that style. Thanks for the review.