Reviews for "DXM - Stop Making Sense"

good, but can be improved

Sorry man, it's an ok song, but I just don't know how this made front page in ambient.

I'll be completely honest here, although the middle and ending are very good I find the first minute to be choppy and almost annoying. I also think the beat is a little too heavy and grounded for an ambient song. I think it should have more of a wandering sound.

Sorry if I've ended the 5/5 streak, but bland praise never helped anyone better themselves or their work.

If you want some good comparisons in the ambient genre, I highly recommend you check out the song Coma Dream by TheOrichalcon here on newgrounds. If there is a perfect way to do ambient, he invented it.

Hope to hear some more of your stuff, keep at it!
Podge

tijnn responds:

Thinking outside of the box gets us further than copying others, in my experience. I have mixed IDM with Ambient on purpose, and the original song is longer, which explains the long build-up. I totally understand and agree with what you are saying... Although, if you look at it from my view, this is just how i want the song to be.

-DXM