Reviews for "Eternal Memories at Midnight"

Great!

You could defenetly turn this into a song with some other intsruments, maybe orchestra or something. (and a bit longer of course) Great job! R ¤ B

ObsidianSnow responds:

Yeah, I'm still working on the rest of the song - this is just a bridge section of the larger whole. And there are definitely strings and other orchestral instruments in the other sections of the song, so yes, you're right. Orchestral is the way to go with this one ;D.
It's actually something of a creepy song, when you listen to the whole thing, but relaxing, too. Be sure to check it out when it's complete - btw, it won't be called "Eternal Memories", it'll probably be something like "Shadows Of Transcendence".

Thanks for the review, Randybalma.

Genious

this song is great so simple but still harmonic and fluid
i love it
do you have sheets , tabs or a midi file?

ObsidianSnow responds:

I'm glad you like it so much - and yes, I do have the MIDI file. Responded to your PM, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the review, kollateralschaden!

i don't know...

what to say TT. this song pwns everything good in life. tis the best piano piece on newgrounds

ObsidianSnow responds:

Wow. Not sure what to say to that.
...except thank you, perhaps. I can't describe how it feels to get a response like this.

Thank you, falofthehipimovement.

Woah...

That could quite easily set the scene on location or a flash game, you have major talent in moods. just one thing...

WARNING: MAY CAUSE DEPRESSION...

lolz, this is cool.

ObsidianSnow responds:

May cause depression... lol. I guess it's somewhat ambiguous as to whether that should be a good thing... o _o

Thanks for the review, DaBomber... I hope I haven't made you emo... lol.

For something unfinished, this is perfect

For something unfinished, this is perfect, but you know what, this is just TOO sad.... for me, I don't really see any hope in this, but thats just me.

It sounds like my life, lol. This song does, however prove that you are skillful in what you do with music. The song moves me.

ObsidianSnow responds:

To tell you the truth, I find it to be mostly a sad song as well...

I wrote this one by improvisation, which means I just started playing one day, thought it was worth sharing, and punched it into the computer (I don't have an electric piano). Because this is my usual process, my music almost always reflects my emotions better than I can explain them. This is an example of that - I was going through some tough times, just coming to terms with things. I think it really shows through.

But here's the catch: if you listen closely, there is a spark of hope in amongst everything else here. You can find it in just a single note in the bassline that occurs just once. There's a sense of a resolution on the horizon in that note. I think that life is like that. It's a matter of finding that one note, that one thing we can always hold on to.

Sorry if I went on a bit there. I'm glad you enjoy the piece, and thanks for the review.