Reviews for "Wrecked By Deja Vu (A->N)"

Wrecked By Deja Vu (A->N)

I decided I would review this song instead of the one that made the top 5 because you obviously already got enough advice on that one. Anyway, on to the actual review.

I love your introduction. It's a simple and catchy melody led by one instrument, which sounds like a cello or violin (sorry, I can't tell, I have a bad ear for instruments). The volume gradually increases and sort of starts to lead to a climax. However, once we get to the six second mark, the sound quality (or style, I don't know) of the claps really bugs you. This goes on until we get to 28 seconds.

From 31 seconds on is the best part of the song. The claps really fit with the distorted guitar in the background, and the kicks aren't overpowering. There's a really good balance of musical elements in that section. Once we get to 1 minute we hit an interlude, and damn well done. There's a different melody that leads back to the original melody, and it's good to see a Newgrounder follow basic song structure, lol. After that we go into some more nice transitions and melodies before finishing off with the main melody or theme. Nothing too special in the ending, but it was done pretty well.

Two things I want to point out (oh boy you're either going to have a fun surprise or you'll hate me for doing this):

At the start of the song with the cello or violin, it sounds like the main theme from the Bourne movies. Also, at 1:04, it bears a similarity to Paul Oakenfold's Ready Steady Go at that song's 1:08.

Unique music. Keep going you guys. Added artist + song to favorites.

ApproachingNirvana responds:

Thanks for the review! And thanks for the fav as well! It's definitely good to get an honest review with some constructive criticism in it.

I (SinJim) write all the orchestral melodies and I definitely take a lot of inspiration from all kinds of movies, including the Bourne ones (which are awesome). Funny thing is that I'm a huge electronic fan and I've listened to a lot of Oakenfold. I think Renoak listens to a buncha Oakenfold as well. So we definitely took that as a complement.

That chill interlude there is all Renoak man. It was so different than what we had planned for the song that at first I didn't think it fit. After listening through a couple times, I was immediately hooked. So props to him for that. Also, Hurray for structure! hah. It can be hard to find a song that follows a decent structure in the portal, but hey; it makes the song that much better.

My personal favorite part of the song is the huge interlude in the middle - it makes the last chorus that much more epic. The beginning of the song was a Cello.

With the claps, I must say that I liked it. I think it comes down to personal preference and I can totally understand you feeling that way. If we get enough comments on that, I think we'll be planning to change some things.

Well thanks for the great review! We'll keep you updated as we progress - we've got a couple things up our sleeves. Thanks so much for the complements; we'll stop by and check out your stuff when we get the chance!

~SinJim (and Renoak)

well done

havent looked at any of your other shit, but i just HAVE to now. this is definitely in my top 50 fav songs. great job

ApproachingNirvana responds:

Thanks for the comments, man!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I Like how u mixed in classical music and techno together. It sounds hecka tight... I hope you make more and i visited that website too!

ApproachingNirvana responds:

Thanks! Definitely check out our newest song, "No More Words."

Good stuff

I'm impressed

ApproachingNirvana responds:

Thanks for the review! Check out our newest song, "Heaven's Storm." It's a bit more straight-up techno than this but it's pretty sweet!

Thanks again!

really good

it has a good feeling to it, like its trying to tell us a story of some sort. anyway great tecno song!

Thank u very much!