Reviews for "Turbospirit"

well done

much better than most of the crap put through newgrounds

Surpisingly well done

My only critique is that you should break free of the idea that a racing game has to be about getting to the checkpoint within a certain amount of time. After all, this game is free, no quarters needed. Obviously, the arcade designers made the checkpoint system to generate quarter-usage.
So, let's see if we can come up with something else, shall we? What's fun about speed, about speeding? I'm talking something that puts the joy in biking the way that Jet Set Radio put the joy in rollerblading, emphasizing the most fun parts and elminating anything else. I think the most fun things about a motorcycle is accelerating, jumping, maneuvering, doing wheelies or being able to maintain a wheelie.
I think challenge should come not from trying to master turns, but from maneuvering through on-road obstacles. Essentially, you should be able to accelerate to the point that it's virtually uncontrollable, giving the user enough rope to hang himself in a sense. This allows someone to catch up from behind. You should have to shoot between cars. Go off jumps, etc. Could be

How exciting...

It's Road Rash without weapons...pretty bland. It is an all-around decent game, but there is nothing much going on. I couldn't even seem to go off the road no matter how badly i was driving. The only thing that keeps you from finishing the checkpoint on time is if you run into the back of another racer. All around, it was very mediocre. I think this has the makings of a good game if other things were included, instead of it just being about reaching a checkpoint in 30 seconds.

I feel sick

The was the screen moved made me feel sick. I couldn't stand to play anymore. I'm not trying to say it wasn't good. The game was really good, but I felt nauseas. Maybe work on the turning a little.

I liked it.

Very fun, and well made, be assured that I will vote five