Reviews for "CannonBot Transformation"

HOLY!!!

Whoa that looks amazing! Really impressive! You deserve way more credit than you're getting.

But for some criticism, it's still kindof vague what it actually transforms into. It could be a mecha of some sort, but it has no legs or any other way of movement, or a clear head.
The cannons pointing in random directions also seems kindof pointless as they don't seem to have another function than shooting.
But heck, you made this thing in just a week, I wouldn't even know where to start! What software do you use to make these animations anyway?

Looking forward to your next submission, keep up the good work.
Cyan01

NCH responds:

its design is inspired off from the transforming robot bosses from arcade aeroplane shooters like strikers 1945. hence the sort of random/unclear design.

it dosent really have legs and it moves by "hover" engines deployed below. the 2 awkwardly placed cannons can swivel to the front if its implied into a game, and usually would be use in a shooter scenario where the 2 main cannons fire a continuous laser blast, trapping the player in the middle while it gets showered by bullet hell from its chest.

I will eventually do some sort of attack animation to show how the bot moves so it will be more clearer next time.

Wow dude this is awesome! How long did this take you?

NCH responds:

could be about a week working on it on and off

Wow very nice here.

Now this is something differant and its something beyond art, you put a little animation in there, i just wonder how long this did take you to do since it looks very detailed in the animation and transformation part, the art detail is fantastic, and its an overall good looking piece here the transformation of it all is fantastic aswell, now to see how this can be improved but i think you did an outstanding job here.

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~
Well it was small, maybe a larger robot of transformation with even more detail would have been even a more plus on things and such.

I wasn't expecting anything that good with this, but it turned out to be something really cool. You may not have a lot of views, but at least you're a fairly well known author here. Congradulations on being Tom Fulp's favorite art submission! Yeah, he makes a new one every couple of weeks anyway. I would have liked it if there was more action to this. I guess the figure should have stood completely up.

That's what you expect Transformers to do! It's still great to see such awesome graphics here. It seems like something that would be in the highest quality old fashioned "Street Fighter" game. Or really, any other pixellated arcade game. I could just watch this thing all day. Thank you for such a nice piece on this website.

NCH responds:

oh wow i didnt know tom fav it heh. thanks for the headsup