Reviews for "Pixelville Pensioners"

Positively splendid.

I don't mean to sound egotistical, but I am the king of the Sierra/Lucas games of old. This really made me happy. While the actual game itself left a bit to be desired, the style is unprecedented in flash (to my knowledge) and the nostalgia rules. I think I'm going to go play Full Throttle, Police Quest, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis now...

gavD responds:

Aha! A fellow adventurer!

Can I recommend to all adventurers:
- Day of the Tentacle
- Monkey Island 1, 2 and 4 but not 3
- Police Quest 1-2
- Zork
- Future Wars
- John Glames: 007 (a Delphine game; can't recall its real title)

Great game

Im enjoying this game alot. I must say it reminds me of the old cool puzzle games I use to play.

Can't wait for more of your work.

gavD responds:

Check out my website - there are games there that aren't on NG 'cos I don't think they're good enough... My scrolling fighting game and driving engine are there...

4m 5s

Great little adventure game, in the collect and trade style. Reminds me of Kingsquest...all...well...I stopped playing em after number 6. Monkey Island too, of course, that has it's own unique attributes to it. (Root beer anyone?) Very cool, and yes, Manic miner is harder than shit.

gavD responds:

4 minutes 5?! That's incredible! Nice work!

I loved this game!

Who needs good graphics and 16 bit colour when you have these 20 year old games? This game just made me think about all those old characters. It would seem like everyone has forgotten about these old platformers to make way for tommy vercetti and spiderman and whatever. I think that this game is really good. It's about time someone made a memorial to these old and loveable characters.

I'm sorry to say that I just couldn't complete the game and I spent more time actually looking for a guide through the reviews than the actual game which makes me feel like a cheater, but man, I just can't do it!

I have the form, the map and the drill but that's all. I've dome the miner willy puzzle and that's all. This was extremely difficult!

I'm sorry that you have cancelled your sequel, but looking at a lot of parodies I don't think the companies matter, I mean, these characters are decades old, I don't even think they have copyright.

When I looked at the thumbnail I thought the game would be one of those awful "how the heck did it get past judgement" titles, and it turned out to be one of my favorite games. My total respect to you for resurrecting these old has-been's. 10/10

PS. You said this is a family game, why did you include the swearing? It's up there as a thirteen +
__________
~MC MIKEY~
-------------

gavD responds:

Swearing, erm, I think there's some mild language in there somewhere like "crap" or something, so I marked it as "mild language", and NG over reacted!

There's a tips page on gavd.co.uk

Glad you like the 8bit vibe!

i love old games

these games showed me some characters i didnt even know