Reviews for "+*+*(Distance of a gaze)*"

nice

very well done,very relaxing actually. im not usually one for listening to these types of songs but i liked this alot. good job =)

Chronamut responds:

ambiant classical can be a wonderful thing :)

THIS SONG SUCKS!!!

Hah, got your attention. No dude, this song rocks my socks off. Literally! My socks got up and started dancing across the hallway in relaxation. I was like, "WTF?" Well anyway, this is one of the best ambient songs here on NG. It has great rhythm, great composition, and great instruments that flow very nicely together. Great tune and a great song makes a great piece. ;)

haha you're right - it DID get my attention :D

dancing in relaxation - is that sort of liek a suave strolling or something? :P

glad you like it man - along with everyone else!

-shawn-

You know you're on the right track when...

...I've been listening to this for the past 30' non-stop. It's exceptionally done! I think you could afford another minute (to say the least) more in just repetitions or even better, variations of the main theme, without making it tiresome. I know what you think, I feel the same frequently. "It's too much!", "People will get tired of it" etc... But they don't. If the theme is uninteresting, then perhaps they will, but this is definitely not the case.

Big pop/electronic etc artists have a lot worse musical ideas that they repeat for 4'-5' and they get huge radio and club hits! I've heard a single note on a guitar playing eighths for five minutes (bonus if you figure out in which song) and make a massive hit. For me that is just wrong! In your case, you should spread it! You sure can!

Sound-wise: I always avoided too airy instruments, but I'm mostly doing rock, myself, so it's natural that at first it kinda scared me that it might have too much of them. Soon, it was obvious that you never left the "safe area". You even managed to have a very heavy delay, without essentially losing the harmony! You should write fugues. :P The samples you chose, are crystal clear and nicely handled! The stereo, Eq and mixing balances are what they should be! Personally, I might have done a few things differently, but this would be only based on taste and nothing you should even care to read. Technically, this is completely error-free!

Congrats on this great submission!

Chronamut responds:

you're been listening to it for the past thirty feet? Wow!

I am always scared to make things longer - I don't want them to get repetitive - also this song is nearing the 3000 listens mark after which I won't be able to edit this song at ALL anymore.. so I'd never make it in time.. I agree though that it could be longer, but that's always my downfall, making things too short hehe :D

I could prolly figure out what song - but the only song that pops to mind that plays the same note for like 5 mins is "the hardest button to button" by the white stripes..

and what are you asking me to spread my friend - I have class you know ;)

as for airy - they are very much my thing - I sorta resemble a tall elf irl - slim/slender and my music seems to be reflecting that mroe and more - that foresty/heavenly airy relaxing sound - if it helps me relax then it's done its job!

filtering all those instruments to not interfere with each other was.. a challenge.. ive replaced this song with improved versions like.. 3 times since I submitted it haha - I'm very picky that way. I love using reverb and delay- I believe even with the crappiest of samples you can at least provide convincin depth :) (I didn't have crappy samples for this thankfully haha)

of cours now I am on that mission where must find greater and greater samples - for 4 years was actually content to just use soundfonts..

and what are fugues? - effugues? Perhaps..

those samples also didn't sound so stellar originally - all you have to do is listen to F-777's song to figure thatout - a lot of filtering goes into making anything I use really "pop" out :) - I find a lot of classical musicians on this site don't spend the time to do that - and their compositions tend to sound muffled, and flat.. not alive at all - my goal - is to make every song sound like it's atually being performed in your head -i want to feel like I am THERE :)

and yes there are always personal embellishments one would make - that's what makes us all unique :)

thanks for the well articulated review GlueR - without a doubt it was a rare pleasure!

sonofabitch!

I love it! Its crystal clear! Its relaxing! It makes me want to do someone! My speakers started crying! The sub imploded! The monitor got misty eyed! The external hard drive turned off! The printer/scanner gave a sigh of happiness! You've just pleased everyone today Shawn!

Chronamut responds:

whast about the webcam>? WAS IT HAPPY?!?

I won't be happy until I know all the electronics were pleased.. :(

ahh how I love your reviews JebbaL :)

That was......