Reviews for "Kung Fu - Remix"

kick-ass

It would be cool if there was a 2 player mode too
sweet ass game, 5 all the way

That is one! good! game!, reminds me of.....

streets of rage! and bruce lee! man i love this game, you have done fine work my firend, fine work indeed. give your self a pack on the bk for me.

A well remake Nintendo Classic...

I enjoyed playing this game for its gameplay and difficulty. In fact, it takes me around 1 hour to finish it on Easy and Hard. Here is my review.

1. Graphics- For those who complain about the sprites, those are 8 bit sprites, MEANT for 8 bit games. Just how it will be a 8 bit game when the sprites change to current graphics? Even though the sprites(Mostly) are from Nintendo and other companies, namely Konami and Capcom, you also include self made sprites. Take the decaptation and Specials as example.

2. Style- It amuses me how you can put all those classic game heroes into this game, even though they are of the wrong side. Like, I was thinking that there will be a Castlevania related thing in this game when playing Stage 3, and lo, Alucard in Stage 4. And the Special is also a nice addition.

3. Sound- I enjoys those old classic musics, like the TMNT ones. The sound effects are well chosen too.

4. Violence- The decaptation and other bloody mess, but not really appaling with 8 bit sprites.

5. Interactivity- Aside from rare Special Lag( As in, a second after the button is pressed.), this game functions perfectly. I can Punch and Kick easily. The option to turn off the violence is also a nice plus.

6. Humor- Megaman? Mario? And then Alucard? I expected an old hag boss after Bad Harald, and you succeed to impress me with surprise. Though, the story tends to be a little bit lame humor.

Overall- This game is a good classic remake, if not better than the original. Even though at Easy, this still proves to be challenging, as the Difficulty only alters the ammount of life you started with.

There is some bug I found in this game.
1. When the violence is turned off, you cannot behead enemies with a flying kick. But not to those Fighters In Blue, as their bodies will be blown to nothingness if finished with a flying kick. Same effect as the hadouken.
2. If you played on Hard and continue, the number of life will reset back to 3.
3. Stage 5 proves to be very time rushing, that you will time out most of the time if you are slow. Most factors are the long prebattle talk and the balls of energy Mr. X throws. Perhaps you meant it this way.

Well done!

This is a good challenge, and its very playable! Added to my favourites! I'm looking forward to the next part of the series, if only I played the proper game when I was younger!

NICE BUT...