Reviews for "Flatout Minigame"

hehe very funny !!

haha that was fun.

Very good

That was a really neat little game. It was short but sweet. The controls were strange, but they worked better than I would have thought. Well done.

Oh, and those 'Have my babies' signs are great!

Excellent game concept!

I mean... everyone's had dreams of becoming a crash test dummy... and while there's only three stages in this game, each one is filled with crash testing goodness, so... it's all good.

If I have any complaint, BTW, it's that the "fade-out/fade-in" effect with the narrowing/expanding circle takes too long. I wanna replay the game quicker, dagnabit! Move, move!

Okay, on with the game... the gameplay of level one is interesting. There's no correlation between the weird clockdial-like indicator and anything in a car (well, maybe the alternator or something), so... that's kinda weird. But it was a somewhat challenging method of acceleration/braking, especially as the speed of the dial increases. I, for one, wasn't sure if I was getting the max amount of "holddowntime" from each light-up... perhaps a speed/maxpossiblespeed indicator near the dial would be a good addition? But then... wheeee, long-distance flying. Reminds me of pingu toss or whatever. My top score: 303.

Now, with level 2... again, a lack of a speed indicator makes it difficult to know if you're doing the space-bar-tapping properly or not, but oh well. At least there's a distance indicator so you know when the brick wall is coming up. This is a fun level, and I fell short of the bullseye twice before hitting it on the third try. Score? 100, duh. #;-}>

And finally, level 3. Greatest of all levels. Why? Because it doesn't require constant maintenance of your speed like 1 & 2, just a guess on the meter at the start based on the position of the ring (nice variation with that) and then sit back and watch. heh. Plus, a ring of fire is just damned cool. Once again, my best is 100.

Sadly, my top overall score wasn't 503, as the time I hit 303 on the first level, I got 50 points on the second one. WHOOPS. A fun game. More customisation and levels would be grand. But hey, as it says... minigame. Excellent minigame at that. Kudos!

Norwegian-Blue responds:

Thanks for the long review :)

If you wonder why this response is so late, Its only now I have had time to go throug the reviews...

Hay that was awsome!

I think you did a good job on this game it was relly fun!

wow this is fun!!!!11

i had a great time playing this game, it was greatly done, i can only tell you to add more levels for extra funa yay!