Reviews for "(Older) Merc-540"

Not bad

The flash was pretty good and you do show promise. The idea for the flash is pretty good theres not alot like this one out there but there is acouple with the same idea. The graphics were alright you showed promise in some parts and others looked poor like when you did like through his eyes view that looked great but like when he was walking in the sand it look really bad and sloppy. The sound was probbaly the thing that needs the most work the robots voice was really dumd idea you should have just made it silent it would have gave him more of a serious feel. Those are my suggestions.

OVerall: Not bad 7

LogFish responds:

Thanks for your constructive review, first of all! The robot talked because I didn't want this to be an entirely serious movie, because then it would seem to be trying too hard (to me, at least.) It's a shot at light entertainment, as it's offering nothing to the viewer other than mindless action and humour, really.

I know the sand thing is pretty average, I don't know why his legs move so badly because I did it properly, but yea. Couldn't be assed fixing it ;) Thanks.

Alright.

It was pretty cool. Graphics could've been better but the directing was good enough to make up for it. Hope you make more.

not bad

voice needs to be heightened but animatio was top notch, good job

I prefered Link vs Dark Link

Although this one was excellent Link vs Dark Link had better music and the deatil on the Water Temple was superbe. The forest Temple looks a bit rushed. Other than that great keep it up and I'm looking foward to the next four.

LogFish responds:

I think you reviewed the wrong movie, lol

Jumbled Plot Line

The plotline that you stated in your comments lasted only for the movie introduction. After the actual movie started, the plot line lost all revelance. Why is NOVA after the MERC? I suppose it was suppose to be a throw back to the movie, short-circuit. But it honestly doesn't fit into your description of the movie at all. The most confusing point in the plot is when NOVA decided to open fire on the MERC JUST because they didn't find Johnny-5 at the scene. The quote was something like "Thats not Johnny-5, kill him!"

The sound quality was less than great. You can definately tell the sound went through some major quality-lowering, which is typically fine for a Newgrounds entry, but very noticeable in this movie. The one sentence (word) lines the humans used seemed very corny.

Where the plotline falls apart, the graphics make up for it. Although the backgrounds were bland, the MERC was well animated in some scenes, specifically the action scenes. I especially enjoyed the "megaman 2" style of how he aquired a weapon. Analyzing it, then equipping it.

Decent job overall, but please keep the plotline flowing if your going to comment on it.

*Note: a score of 0 simply means it DOES NOT apply to the submission.

LogFish responds:

Thanks. I'm suprised anyone pays any attention to plot outlines, NG was screwing me around when I was trying to submit it, this was my third attempt and I just put any old sentence in there! This movie is mindless action, I wasn't shooting for plot development, robot asking why he can't cry etc. but thanks - I might possibly do something with a plot in the future. ;)