Reviews for "(Older) Merc-540"

An exciting action flick

I came in here expecting the same humdrum crap that most of the action movies on Newgrounds are: full of long camera pans of "badass" characters, anime people fighting each other with magic swords and energy beams, or even the dreaded video game sprites. Or maybe it would be a pseudo-intellectual science fiction story filled with supposedly deep questions and even deeper answers. Instead, I was very pleasantly surprised with a well-constructed action flash that managed to be interesting without becoming boring. The music fit the scenes well mostly, some generic classical for the slow bits and some generic rock/techno for the action. The voice acting was a little quiet but it wasn't too much of a problem. This flash wasn't terribly original or groundbreaking, but it did very well what it was meant to do: be an engaging action movie.

LogFish responds:

Hey, thanks a lot man - that's EXACTLY what I was aiming for!

NOOOOOOOO! NUMBER 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BASTARD!!!

great stuff, a tad close to 'I-Robot' in my opinion. Other than that it was amazing

Nice.

A sturdy film with a lot of potential, however i don't think it was really fuffilled (forgive my spelling). The actual plot you came up with sounded great on the description but became a simple 'Something went wrong' blast em all big robots tanks fight, which is all very well but that's all the flash consisted of which was very dissapointing. Something more along the lines of i Robot would be better. Graphic wise it you put in quite a bit of effort and they did get better as the film went along, but your future movies would greatly benefit from more time spent on drawing and the plot. I am over all a little dissapointed as this is not your first flash and i don't you spent anywhere near as much time as you could of on this flash. Nevertheless,

Nice Job.

LogFish responds:

Thanks for the effort in this review. In answer, this movie was born by me just wanting to make some mindless action. On retrospect I could have fleshed the plot out a bit, but would it have appeased the NG audience? I doubt it. It's already been done by Short Circuit, Terminator, AI, I,Robot, etc. so it'd still be called unoriginal and poo. The movie was made as mindless action entertainment.

But harassing the time I spent making this? Why do that. I spent probably more than 24 hours making this thing, and you've just gutted it in 1 minute saying I did it half-assed. But you're right, I *could* have spent the rest of my life working on it.

Very nice

People who review and say you suck at drawing have no idea what they are talking about, or suck at animating. I though it was a great animation and would love to see more like it. It was funny at one point and awsome at another. Your drawing style is fine and animation is great!

poor will

WHHY DID THEY FIRE AT WILL?

LogFish responds:

Reviews are no place for a sense of humour! heh