Reviews for "(Older) Merc-540"

Nice work

I liked the animation, It seems your on your way to being really good at it, which is nice cause half the crap on New Grounds looks like a 3 year old did it. the whole Johnny 5 thing was unexpected but funny, and the fight sequence was really neat.

Well...

To be honest with you, it's not bad at all. It's actually pretty descent. Wasn't feeling the whole Johnny 5 thing though, but i liked the idea of the mech adding new hardware to its rig. Above all else, it was rather interesting to watch though its length and depth left a lot to be hoped for. Well done, my friend.

....

It wasn't done badly or anything, it just didn't do anything for me. I could see some people thinking it was really cool though. I guess it would just depend on what kind of things you're into. I kind of feel bad for the 3, but I just didn't care for it, so, what was I to do?

LogFish responds:

Vote 4? heh, as long as you were honest then it's all good.

Jumbled Plot Line

The plotline that you stated in your comments lasted only for the movie introduction. After the actual movie started, the plot line lost all revelance. Why is NOVA after the MERC? I suppose it was suppose to be a throw back to the movie, short-circuit. But it honestly doesn't fit into your description of the movie at all. The most confusing point in the plot is when NOVA decided to open fire on the MERC JUST because they didn't find Johnny-5 at the scene. The quote was something like "Thats not Johnny-5, kill him!"

The sound quality was less than great. You can definately tell the sound went through some major quality-lowering, which is typically fine for a Newgrounds entry, but very noticeable in this movie. The one sentence (word) lines the humans used seemed very corny.

Where the plotline falls apart, the graphics make up for it. Although the backgrounds were bland, the MERC was well animated in some scenes, specifically the action scenes. I especially enjoyed the "megaman 2" style of how he aquired a weapon. Analyzing it, then equipping it.

Decent job overall, but please keep the plotline flowing if your going to comment on it.

*Note: a score of 0 simply means it DOES NOT apply to the submission.

LogFish responds:

Thanks. I'm suprised anyone pays any attention to plot outlines, NG was screwing me around when I was trying to submit it, this was my third attempt and I just put any old sentence in there! This movie is mindless action, I wasn't shooting for plot development, robot asking why he can't cry etc. but thanks - I might possibly do something with a plot in the future. ;)

nice

I thought some of the graphics needed some tweaking, and it looked like you only drew the forearm up to the elbow for the robots.

Other than that, this movie was Really cool!

LogFish responds:

Thanks - I did indeed just have a bar for an arm on the grey one, but it was like a hose - the other one, it's forearms transformed into weapons so it was only left with stumpy arms anyways ;)
Cheers.