For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 7 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "Out by the shipyard"

nicely put together piece.

I was looking at this for awhile and I and I like the composition. I was immediately attracted to the structure on the left then my eyes slowly drifted across the piece. I'm guessing you know a thing or two about color theory, there's a good balance between warm and neutral colors. I don't know much about color theory but I would add something. (keep this in mind, this only my preference.) I would add a little more complementary colors on some the buildings or objects, of course that may not be the style you were going for or maybe I'm missing something.

I'd also like to add that this reminds me of some concept art, this one specifically.

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

Spot on with the complimentary colors, it was my intention to also use pastel blue and reds, however I couldn't find a well enough balance with the browns and hence decided to leave them out. Had the sky been tinted blue, I think the pastels would've worked (blue/white) however I limited the use of color pretty strongly from the start.
The concept art I just had a look at is pretty much the future style I would like to master. Thanks for that though!

Surprising

At first I thought this was just a cool landscape, but when I looked at the larger version, spotted the fisherman and the other three figures kind of walking along, I got a really peaceful feeling from it. Really nice work.

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

That is one of the main things I wanted to portray here, something so small can change the entire outlook of something so immense. The difference between the people being in and out of the picture is so great that the entire artwork instantly changes.

best yet

ive seen cool art at the museum but this would make the top most awsome (does this guy take request i have an idea for this guy)

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

I don't normally do requests, but I'm open to ideas and if I think it is feasible I will definitely attempt it. Thank you for your compliments too much appreciated.

Wow

I really thought this was beautiful when i saw it. You should be proud.

EchoCharlieDelta responds:

I am indeed, I didn't expect to make FP and it has been really humbling, I'm very thankful for the NG community.

Great focusing!!!

You clearly take our attention to the skyline where the buildings are drawn with detail lighting. And they look so realistic!! The composition of details and the details themselves are astonishing. This is something i've always wanted to do, to draw a lot of things but direct one's attention to only a part of them. How you managed the lighting, how you leave the foreground plain, and capture our (or at least my) attention to that amazing spot every time i look at your painting - i dont know how you did it - but i certainly DIG the grandeur of the scenery!!! Chills every time i look!