Reviews for "_-=[Corrupting Ruin]=-_"

Why do we fight?

This is the question the veteran asked himself as he strapped in to his pod, preparing to break orbit to land on a rebel occupied planet. He had already fought in a war, why was he fighting again? He pulls out a picture of a woman, the woman he planned to wed when he returned home, this is why he fought, to protect those he loved. His COM crackles, issuing the command to drop, negotiations with the rebels had failed, violence was now the only option. He felt the pull of gravity as the planets atmosphere sucked him in, the heat of the flames of his pod's rapid drop. He heard the sharp pings of gunfire hitting his pod. At last there was a crash, he pushed open the door, like so many others around him, the bullets whistling past his head, making harmless poofs of dirt in the sand. He heard the shouts of both his comrades and the rebels falling. He quickly realized that perhaps he was not going to make it, his heart started to race. He knew that his only way off of the planet though was to win. As he heard the gunfire stop he and his comrades rose, seeing the rebels putting their hands over their heads, the orders were to take no prisoners He went to follow his orders but then he thought of the photo in his pocket, these men had families too, and, like him, they were fighting to better their families futures. He could not bring himself to do it. instead throwing down his gun and joining the rebels in a line. The rebels were shocked, and so were the soldiers. His comrades quickly repeated his actions, they realized what he was doing. The military had their orders though. The nuked the planet from orbit. it goes to show, we all fight for a cause, weather in a war or not, and that cause is to protect those we love. Though the ones that do not realize this are not quick to show sympathy to the ones that do.

MaestroRage responds:

what a horribly dark story. Yet I could not agree more. It's easier to destroy entire families and such people when you're sitting away from them anyways. So easy to push the button and walk away. This story matches up with this song incredibly well, well woven and told.

Thank you for this story! And again for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

Beyond what I thought.

I have so many goosebumps. This was possibly the best pieces I've heard when it comes to composing for a story, and generating tension and building something from a foundation so powerfully. I await the animation. As of late I'd kind of settled with your work being of a high standard but being what I expect, thank you for snapping me out of it.

MaestroRage responds:

i'm really glad you enjoyed it Assassin :]! Truth be told I was just so happy I had a chance to compose a full length piece rather then loops. I mean it's great to be working with so many talented people but I seriously felt like I was forgetting how to create full length pieces.

It was long overdue, i'm just happy to know I can still do it.

Thanks for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

Yeah!

Totally cool :P. If there was more like fast and faster and violin were hearing stronger that would be cool I think.

MaestroRage responds:

haha, I didn't want to overdo the violins but I know what you mean. It was definitely an angle to consider during it's build. Thanks for the review, glad you liked it!

nice job here

i found the beggining (xylophoe part?) really interesting, then after that was pure awesomeness (if thats even a word), and i love how it told a story, i could picture all of the stuff you wrote in the "Authors Comments" happenig to this song, which is amazing, 5/5, 10/10, excellent work

impressive

well i'm impressed not much else to say