Reviews for "Sapphire Tears"

Very Good

The melody and flow are great, the synths are well mixed on the track, with a minor complaint that the beat is a bit buried under all those synths. Other than that, it's a great effort ! The first minute is spectacular !

merlin responds:

Wow! thanks for the compliment, I'll definitely consider re-eqing it to give every instrument a fair chance at your ears.

Reminds me.....

Reminds me of floating through space, seeing all the beautiful things out there. Thats a great song, how did you make it?

merlin responds:

This is a remix of a song I made when I was 17, and going through a breakup. The original was a piano only song, and was called sapphire tears because of the sapphire ring I had bought her. The original was pretty lame, but had the main melody, and I eventually got around to remixing it. I use the program called REASON to make all of my songs.

OMG!

This is Hot! Its very smooth at first, but it puts up like you said. Its amazing! Now that I'm practicing on my Flash skills(which is at lvl 0 lol) I really want to animate to this piece! With your permission of course!

merlin responds:

I'm pretty much fine with anyone using any one of my songs for anything non-commercial, as long as I get credited! ... and as long as I don't have to sign over the copywrites. You should upload a flash video you've done! I should probably get around to re-eqing this song (though I'll have to upload it as a whole new song, cause you can't edit the song after someone's used it in a flash entry) Just let me know when you're planning on doing this, and I'll get a more crisp copy of it to you! And let me know what format is easiest for you to work with!

This is pretty damn intense.

Loud, too. I don't know exactly when it "picked up", but I couldn't care, the melody took over. Very spacey, as one said down below. It's a very... guilty-sounding piece, if you know what I mean.
I can feel the emotions... thanks for a great 5:14.

merlin responds:

thanks for a great review!

This one was one of my first pieces in reason 3.0. It's not magnificently EQ'd but I'm more than happy with the composure, and arrangement. I hope you check out some of my other stuff too!

Regards,
merlin

Energetic, yet relaxing.

I've heard songs like this that made you sad, energetic, happy, angry, ect. But, this is the first I've ever heard that has made me relaxed as well as energetic. Its like the song just flows into you and calms you down while filling you with energy. This is a song I could listen to all day. You are defiantly one of the best authors I've heard in a long long time.

merlin responds:

Thanks for the review! This is actually the oldest song I've made that I'm willing to share with newgrounds. It's over 3 years old. There's a lot of work that could be done on this song, but they're all just subtle changes, I think. I'm glad you liked me song, and thanks for such a great review! I'm always trying to make songs that are original in every way I can do it.

Regards,