Reviews for "Sapphire Tears"

dreamy

very good anr relaxing
5\5
10\10
keep up the good work

merlin responds:

Thanks for the input, its people like you that keep people like me composing!

uuuu nice...

...first of all I like the name of the song as it fits perfectly, again as in your other work "If I had Lungs" the main melody is simple but I love the way you expand it further, the song doesn't get repetitive...

PROS:
Excellent flow and choice of sounds and effects, loved the part with the piano solo, rhythm is good for this kind of music.

CONS:
The sound used after the piano part at 2:30 is a bit too high, you could have done it better, and the track could use a better ending, but that is not a major flaw.

OVERALL:
Great stuff, I liked it and as I said in my other review if this is a solo project then it deserves a perfect score, but this one is actually better than that other track, so in whole honesty I can safely say that It deserves a high spot here on Newgrounds, It's that good, no major flaws, the song is what it is, there are better tracks than this but I like it the way it is, keep it up ;-) ...everything can be unique in one way or another so there can never be the ultimate so I give it 5/5 10/10

merlin responds:

Thanks for the input, Bobox! Yeah, my music is all solo project of mine. I don't know a whole lot about anything other than just the composition of the music, so I tend to bumble my way around the EQing and Mastering. What a great way to start off my day by reading such nice words from a complete stranger! It's people like you that keep my hands on the piano!

Hours of searching...

I spend almost 3 hours searching for the perfect song for the video I was putting together. Finally, I came across Sapphire Tears and I knew it was the song.

I hope you don't mind me using it. I gave you credit and posted a link to your newgrounds profile.

Link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ5R2H c1ovY

Thank you so much for producing such a wonderful song.

Stay chill MerlinsBeard.

merlin responds:

Thanks for the review! I watched your montage, and it was really good! Thanks for using my song, and crediting me in the description, and at the end of the video. It's always wonderful to see this much support from one person. I voted your video 5, as well.

excellent work

great job with this

your use of the tune was excellent really matched the mood of the song

and the title you gave it matchs as well

5/5 great job :D

DSA

merlin responds:

Thanks for the review! The original song I made had lyrics, and was a lot slower. This ones sort of an instrumental remix.

Real Amazing

Second song I've heard from you. Very amazing. This for me is a different kind of trance and it's very relaxing to hear. I wonder if you will be creating another version with lyrics like Land Locked. Kudos to you! Privilege voting and reviewing.

merlin responds:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It means a lot! There is a version of this song that I have that has lyrics. They're not vocoded at all. It's a slower BPM, with less interesting instruments. This is actually a sort of Remix of that song. PM me your email, and I can send it to you, if you wish!