Reviews for "The Tone Fulps"

Good work

A very good picture. I like the comical style here a lot, especially because the whole picture has this comical style. So everything blends in very well.

I also like the idea of the three newgrounds characters (and a fourth unknown one for the drums) playing together in a band. Going along with this is the setlist in the comments. Really good work here.

As for the characters: Pico reminds me a bit of Ziggy Stardust, Nene... well, I don't know. At first I was thinking of Aretha Franklin, but she looks different. Janis Joplin also looks different, but the clothes fit. Darnell, I really have no idea. And the drummer looks like one of the characters from the Gorillaz, while his drum kit looks like the one the Beatles used.

Anyway, very nice picture!

{ Review Request Club }

Aigis responds:

2/4.

Love the Theme! Perfect for the Portal!

The characters are again very unique, and colorful!
I love the instruments and the stage that you've created, but where is the crowd?
The biggest thing that pops out imo is your very unique Comic-book style; Very retro! I really enjoyed the way you dressed everyone in this piece, they all seem to have an almost Groovy 70's look to them.

On the other side of the rating spectrum however... I would have loved to have seen more amplifiers, and a more realistic band set-up

besides that though... this is perfect for the Art Portal!
I can't wait to see your next one!
~Dj Sonik

-Review Request Club-

Really good!

This is my favourite submission from the Art Requests you posted in the RRC this week. It's got a lot more detail put into it, and everything looks great. The only issues I have with it are very minor nitpicks.

I like the detail, especially the details you put into the characters' clothing. The guitars also look cool and I like how each guitar has something to do with the character playing it (Nene's cleaver, Pico's gun, etc...). The background works very well over here - it looks good but doesn't interfere or contrast with the foreground.

I had a hard time finding anything wrong with this. Nene's pose did strike me as oddly unnatural, and as VividGrim pointed out there is a lack of shading on Pico's face. Also, the smoke coming out of Pico's gun guitar looks a tad bit weird, but as you can see these are just minor issues that can take all of a few minutes to fix.

All in all, this is my favourite piece of artwork I've seen from you so far. Keep up the good work.
9/10
5/5

-Review Request Club-

Awesome

There's nothing wrong with this picture. It has a good theme, the guitars and everything fit really well. And most importantly, it seems really finished.

The comical style of this piece of art is great too. The small details like the crack on the floor finish the piece completely. I also like how you did the background. Where there would normally be an ''empty'' space, is now even more detail.

Maybe some sort of audience would make it even better. Some flowers being thrown at them (Or rotten tomatoes) would give it even more an idea of a concert. Now it looks like they're not playing, especially with the drummer holding his drum sticks to his chest. Some musical notes in the piece will give a more dynamic feel.

This would be an interesting band.

Fan art is sometimes really fun. The Archies meet Newgrounds Lore I enjoyed this piece.