Reviews for "Inverse Shoot'em up"

Interesting

Although the role-reversal concept isn't original, this is the first time I have ever seen it implemented in a shmup. So it is refreshing to that extent.

Using the 'action button' system that you chose, I feel many would have just left the attack to cannons; it was nice to see the missile silos and the ramming posts.

The weak gameplay during the level is forgivable, as this is the first game of its kind (to my knowledge), and it is a difficult concept to work with to good effect. However, the real disappointment, for me, came when I was never given control of a boss. I would like to fly around and unleash my own brand of bullet hell on the audacious hero attacking my space base. This would be especially cool for two player.

I have thought about this inverse concept in a shmup before, but only in passing. Now that I've played such a game, perhaps I will give it more thought. It's definitely a genre approach that requires some thought and experimentation.

Bravo for being the first (again, to my knowledge) to actually develop one of these and throw it out there for play and judgment.

I'm going to review this as a 7/10 under the circumstance that I see it as more of an experiment than a game (as it is a first, and it is rather short). As a game, I would rate it lower.

Seeing that this was submitted in 2004, I don't expect to see another attempt if there hasn't been one already, but I would very much like to see another crack at it. Given the 500+ reviews and 4+ years to think about it, I think you guys have much more to add to this idea.

Happy coding.

Eh...

Found it kinda funny idk why hahah... I think games like this arent ment to be made lol...

So many Idiots

Original concept but without some sort of easier way to fight, its abit too hard to enjoy.

All the idiots that try to fight as a plane, effectively helping the enemy win. Seriously when you get to the end of the stage and LOSE, that doesnt make you think, "hey, I'm probly not doing something. Like reading."

An active select with the arrow keys and space to fire would be a much more welcome alternative to the mouse. but I do give many points for originality, +4.

I honestly Like the game despite poor controls, without controls 9.5/10.

Too much clicking for my liking

the previous reviewer obviously thinks youre supposed to BE the plane, not kill it. Anyway, orriginal game, but having to click a cannon everytime I want to fire a shot gets a bit boring, there should be a better solution, maybe something with more options and hotkeys? dunno, I do love the Idea

I was expecting better.

When i read the description i though that this was the most original idea yet, but unfortunatly the game didnt diliver. There must be anoher way to make this, without me having to press those dam buttons for the guns to fire, maybe if i could send in units, like diffrent types of craft or what not,or be able to pause hte game and set up my own defences, with maybe a preset amount of things u can put in, or a points system. So in the end great idea, but failed to deliver