Reviews for "Cliff dwelling"

Very nice painting

This is a very detailed piece of art Stunji, especially for a speed painting. I think the atmosphere is very dark and eery just like it should be in a cliff typed enviroment.

The water and bridges are properly drawn, which again I'm going to give even more praise for a speed painting, great job again, you hold a lot of raw talent. :)

....

AWESOME

Holy Crap

Awesome painting

Amazing

You, sir, are an inspiration.

Stunji responds:

Thank you! :)

Amazing

Very original and calming. How long did it take you to create this? What programs did you use to make this amazing piece?

Stunji responds:

This was an hour and 40 minutes if I recall. I use photoshop. The technique is called speedpainting... it's an often misused term. The point is to capture the essence of an image. It's like getting at the core of the inspiration. Instead of rendering the folds on the sail, it's just a flat value, but it works in context so nobody questions it. The water is but a few very carefully placed brushstrokes. It isn't easy, it takes years of painting everything around you until you can simplify it quickly. Most call it 'indication', where a few simple strokes can show the form or texture of an object just as well as if it were to be rendered out completely. Thanks for the compliments, I hope this helps :)