Reviews for "=Onslaught="

Needs work.

I think this thing is has enough energy and intensity to be good, but I think it really needs some work.

It needs a beginning, first off, one that really will build anticipation until it breaks out in that intensity. Also, I think the sounds need some work: the fast one just sounds fast and generic, the other ones are varying between generic and annoying, and that's not really good for the song. Also the entire thing is too repetitive, in my opinion. I'd like to hear some more interesting percussion, and some better mixing to make it all gel better.

Keep working at it.

Hades responds:

Hm, as for the lack of a proper beginning you mentioned, it was actually made on purpose, to give it a 'straight-to-the-point' sort of feel, I didn't want to build the tension from the ground up this time, but create a feeling that you have been dropped straight into the center of intensity. As for the sounds, they are currently the best I have, but I actually found them to my liking because I don't often use such synths. And the percussion was meant to be very primitive and raw, because this was meant for depicting any act of aggression or similar thing. Not to brag, but drums usually aren't my weak point: this time I just wanted to keep them at a minimum.

I'll probably get back to this song in a while, and I'm sure that at that point, your advice will be more than useful! Thanks a lot for commenting.

Just needs a little EQ work

it feels really good but everything is feeling unbalanced, like when the beat comes in it feels washed out by the bass and througout the song it feels hollow. There are some harmonies which can be brought out, some melodies which should be turned down etc. Bottom line

Everything for a great song is there, just fix volume levels and the EQ and you're cool :D

btw it's MAC8 lol

-M

Hades responds:

Yeah, EQing this song was hell since my new laptop really sucks when it comes to sound. However, the bass was supposed to be heavier than the other sounds, I was going for a dark, aggressive atmosphere, and what's better to accomplish that than a gut-grinding bass-line? ;D

Also, fixed the typo, thanks for mentioning it. XD