Reviews for "The Simple"

I love this!!

Any chance of getting a copy??

xTY3x responds:

do you want the original file, or a big size one? i can send you a pretty big jpg in a mail, if you want.

Well now...

I don't see an issue with the standard robots being copy pasted.
Yes it's usually frowned upon by artists as being lazy, but the fact they're all identical to the pixel is symbolic in this instance.
Good show. In my opinion copy pasting was the right move to make. In a world where existance is all born from the same mould, individuality is a miracle neither celebrated nor tolerated.

amen.

Excellent

Wow, pretty solid. This should be a pretty nice contender for robot day.
I like the consistency of the color. You have kept up the sepia tone very nicely.
Your lighting is very good. Normally I would make mention for you to make much stronger and clearer highlights, but then that would have been inconsistent with the style if the piece. You have done well with giving metallic looks to certain areas, which is very nice on its own.

Over all I like this piece, and its mostly pretty well done, except for one part, and that is the duplicating of the robot. Sadly its kind of obvious that you have the same bot copied and pasted for quite a while. I don't blame you, it would have been a lot of work to paint a different robot each time. I would have been looking for a short cut as well. What you should have done, and can still do very quickly and easily (especially if this is done in layers) is use some gradient overlay to dull out some of the color of the robots in the back. You can also take a few minuets and try and add a couple of marks on different robots to try and separate them. I understand that they are fresh out of the factory, which I can see in the background, but you gotta separate them a little, or you will get this repetitive look that will stand out really bad.

Very nice. Good luck on Robot Day!

xTY3x responds:

thank you for reviewing this work. about the copy and paste stuff... i knew from the beginning i would have done it. the one thing i tried to do was to copy a basic stage of the robot and then refining lighting and shading individually, to avoid that bad effect, but i suppose i didn't manage to reach my objective. anyway, thanks for taking your time, we'll see on robot day.

Good

The one looking "away" could stand out a bit more, or at least, that is what my artteacher would say:) other then that , I like it!

xTY3x responds:

i didn't want it to be celebrative and rethorical, i wanted it to be as simple as possible.

Thoughtful

It's a very nice piece and, as you can see from the person who made that poem below, actually somewhat inspiring. Very well done.