Reviews for "Requiem For a Dream (DnB MMix)"

oooh

I loved the original and your mix definitely does it justice. Well done on all parts, except for the epic raiting ;) the original was super crazy ass epic, you just didnt reach the level here.

BUT
Loved the song, keep it up

-M

Mrmilkcarton responds:

Real strings >Synthesized strings. If only I had an orchestra to back me up.

No Way!!

Wow! When I first looked at the title of this song I thought, "where have I heard that before". Then as soon I heard the first strings I was like, "NO WAY!! MrMilkCarton made a remix of this?"
Anyways, I love the whole thing.
The synths(wierd thing to say) in it.
The strings of course.
The drumbs, well the drums were fabdabulous!!
How did you do the drums? With you piano or do you have an elect. drum set? OR did you just write the whole drum track with midi?

Mrmilkcarton responds:

FL studios has a drum track and piano roll. I did it in that for the drums.

Nice

i loved that intro with that weird synth! after the first buildup i think u should have put some long string notes at a high octave to keep the intensity up (CnB does it in some of his songs). i dont know much about DnB but i think the reese could have been fatter and the synth sounded too trancey for me... maybe throw in some of that weird synth from the beginning. the drumz sound great a lot of variation!!! how did u do that kinda glitch thing at the end?

-mybrobilo

Mrmilkcarton responds:

Put it through a filter to get the glitch. As far as the lead synthe I thought it sounded like a Pendulum style synthe. :P

Fantastastoundigasmic.

I had to make up a word to describe it.
I love the lead-up to the beat, and I like how you used both organic and synthetic sounds for this song. The beat is great. I wasn't too fond of the lead synth, but it didn't detract from the song's excellence.

Mrmilkcarton responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Been done many times, but not bad

Well this is a pretty cliched remix, but hey, its one of the better ones if you ask me. I'm no expert on the original song, but I think the melody sounds more sticatto, while yours was a lot smoother.

I agree with barnezy a bit about the strings. I didn't care much for the strings... or the lead synth either. The main beat going on was great though. That break sounds pretty familiar. Although it doesn't work good in the beginning when its slow. Also the glitching around 1:58 was pretty lame. But, I liked the stops around 3:10.

I think the main problem with this song is that the synths and pads, whatever, overpower everything else in the mix. Try playing around with volume on the leads, or do something so the drums are in front of the mix more.

Good remix, it was pretty interesting. Just work on it a bit more.

Mrmilkcarton responds:

I'll keep that in mind when I do something similar to this again.