For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 177 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "Castle of Tears: Bloodlines"

Pretty darn good!

I would not go so far as to say this is what the original should have been, but only beause it just wouldn't have fit, thematically. (Or fit into an 8bit soundchip) Buuuuuuuut I would totally say that for the games that supposedly take place in the future i.e. this would be more than at home, and I'm surprised Konami didn't do something like this.

NemesisTheory responds:

by the original I meant the original castle of tears, not bloody tears itself =P

I'm glad you liked it though :)

great song!

had a really long review untill IE crashed... yay.

you can really hear the clearer EQ and better compression, first thing that really stands out is the quality of this one. BUT, with that, the main instrument in the first 2 min (that keyboard thing) has lost most of its impact, because it's clearer, it's not as sharp or ... oomphy... makes all the instruments blend together. Maybe raising the sound level of that instrument would help? it gets lost quite a few times in the angel chior and organ sounds.
the drums are definatly better, very nice work there, but mainly be caareful when adding alot of instraments, it can completely swamp the song and just make it one big pile of notes. If you can't 'see' the thread of an instrument in the song then that instruments been swamped.

The new part at 5:20? very very nice. love the piano, and this part has no swamping in it. definatly the best part of the song.

Hmm, the short version:
when adding instruments, try not to swamp other instruments. When they sound similar this can be a big big problem. Maybe making one slightly out of phase, or louder can fix that.
Remember that sharp instruments become soft when the compression is less.

heh thats it, nice and short.
defiantly better then the original!, though i'll still listen to both. love your songs.

Whoa-ohhhhh....!

Awesome! This is crazy!
Anyway it seems like it'd fit in some kind of final-final boss fight in some futuristic action game (what with the calming and the epicness at certain intervals)

Fantastic

very good song i just have 1 question is it possible to download the hole song i keep trying to do so but i only get 47 seconds into the song and it stops.
p.s i only want to download it to my phone/mp3 player to listen to i do not intend on using it anywhere else.

Hot song!

This one is on my favourites list for quite some time now.
Today I stumbled over a song called "DigiE - Castelvania II Castle of Tears OC ReMix" while listening to a internet radio stream.
I recorded it because I recognized this version as yours from Newgrounds.
Then I used WaveLab to compare the audio track with your version.
Well, it's a perfect match!

But because I have not found the "DigiE"-version on music portals, streaming portals or Youtube with an earlier upload date than september 2008, I assume that your version here is the original.

So keep it up!

5/5
9/10
+ allready faved
+ allready DLd

NemesisTheory responds:

For the record, DigiE, that's us (NT and friends). :)

We're always happy to hear that people like this song, it's one of our favorites as well and pretty hard to top... but we're always trying to make new epic vg remixes to put on OCR. =]

Thanks for the vote and support! <3