Reviews for "The Nintendo Concerto (Part 2)"

The idea is wonderfull

But the way it has been worked out is just way to sloppy... you rush trough the music like you have to catch the last train, there is hardly any emotion in the lines itself, its bashed on the keyboard without any velocity. The way you mixed the songs into eachother could be way smoother...

For the rest, a really cool idea.

darphfluffy responds:

actually, they were mixed together very smoothly

Fraid I agree with war-spawn.

And he's not the only one that thinks that.... this does sound like a lot of MIDI files, and has about the same (if not worse) quality. I gave you a 5, cause I know it can be hard to make the songs flow into each other, but maybe a better sounding VST(s) would help this a bit....Sorry man, better luck next time.

darphfluffy responds:

the thing is. this ISN'T a VST.

Neat'o

A neat Nintendo song!

Nice.

Ahh, yet another Nintendo Concerto makes it to the Top 30.

~ Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: Intro ~
A great song to begin with! It seems to be at the right tempo, and it sounds nice. Good!

~ Earthworm Jim 64: Andy Asteroids Race ~
I have never played the game, so I can't say much about this song. I must say though, that this it pretty fast-paced,

~ Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: Song of Storms ~
A little too fast for my taste. The tempo is faster than it was supposed to be, and on top of that, it only played once. I would have preferred this to be loop at least twice, even thrice. Too good of a piece to cut off so early. (-1)

~ Donkey Kong Country: Map Selection ~
Now this here is a major problem. As it starts off, it's way too loud. It's as if you were just pounding on the keys here. It sounds better as it progresses, but the beginning could have sounded better. (-1)

~ Super Mario World: Overworld Map 1 ~
No problems here! Love playing this game, even to this day. Good work!

~ Pokemon Gold: New Bark Town ~
Quite peaceful. I like it. A great song to listen to!

~ Tetris: A Theme ~
It just had to be done...

~ Super Mario RPG: Sad Song ~
As of yet, I have not played this game. Hopefully I'll be getting it on Virtual
Console soon!

Indeed, it does sound quite sad. Well played!

~ Super Mario 64: Bowser's Theme ~
One of my personal favorites from Super Mario 64. The only thing that ruined it for me here, is that you cut it off too early (again).

If it had looped at least twice, I would have liked this part. (-1)

~ Super Metriod: Main Theme ~
This is Kraid's Lair y'know. The beginning of this threw me off. I could barely hear the melody with all the other notes playing. All I hear is the low chords, rather than the melody itself.

Doesn't sound as good as it should have. (-1)

~ Banjo Kazooie: Main Theme ~
Can't really remember much from this game, although I definitely remember the theme! No problems here.

~ Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: Gerudo Valley Intro ~
Played too fast. That's all there is to say.

~ Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: Death Mountain ~
Another great addition! Sounds good, although it seemed to me that the melody was hard to hear. Other than that, it's good!

~ Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time: Bolero of Fire ~
Only one problem I find here, and that it was played too loud. It sounded good starting off, but then you played even louder, which ruined it. It was an alright ending, though it could have been better. (-1)

Voting Details: Current Score - 4.41
Voted 5 - (+0.00094)
Voter # - 918

The main problem I found throughout the whole song was the panning. At times, it seemed that everything was coming from the right speaker, with very little sound from the left speaker.

The panning really got to me, as everything seemed to come from the right speaker. A better balance between the two speakers would have helped. (-1)

darphfluffy responds:

Don't worry everyone I'm gonna redo these.

I'm sorry...

But this sounds like you just imported multiple midi's to FL Studio and used the FL Keys VST. Not only that, there is barely any equalization on this mp3, as well as failure to keep the song from clipping. Hell, if you added any effects, my score would increase drastically for the simple fact that it'll look like you actually know how to work FL, but it seems you don't even know how to do that much. What you have posted is against the ToS, because you haven't added one piece of originality. =\

darphfluffy responds:

i'm sorry you're the only one who feels that way. your opinion really matters