Reviews for "In the Void"

Eerie, Bombastic

I know, I know. Eerie and bombastic don't seem to describe the same song. In this case, however, they absolutely do. It has the serene beauty of classical grand piano, mixed with various ambient soundscapes. An extremely epic and well-arranged piece. Have you thought of putting your two "Void" pieces either in succession or mixed together? It almost feels as if that is what you want to do with them. C minor.... what a terribly underused key these days....

PearlDrummer516 responds:

This was actually my first piano piece on FL Studio, but I had to add my own touch to it. They were created to be a set, but I wasn't quite sure how to combine them. I have to look into it more. If I took some time out and thought about it, I could probably come up with something. I also went pretty nuts with uncommon chords. I wanted to create something contemporary as well. Yes, C minor was fun. I also used all three forms of the minor scale as well. Thank you for your great reviews! I always enjoy reading them.

- Arron -

Relaxing, eerie and great.

Why? You are an excellent composer, evidently, and you capture mood and atmosphere in this track.
I can imagine this over a video.
Keep it up.

PearlDrummer516 responds:

It makes me very glad to hear such a positive opinion of my work. I wouldn't say I'm an excellent composer, but I am very in tune with making my music with moods in mind. I love making pieces that evoke certain moods provide certain atmospheres. Thanks for the listen!

Awesome!

This could belong in a Resident Evil soundtrack. Very moving in regard to description on eerie. Keep up the good work...great song!

PearlDrummer516 responds:

I suppose it would be a good "saferoom" ambience, huh? Thanks a lot for listening. If you like moody and ambient music, listen to the Lorn Void.

Simply stunning!

I must say this is one of the best pieces I have ever heard, you knew exactly when to alter the beat and notes, which really made this song beautiful. It seemed eerie yet...powerful, like something dramatic just happened. It's a real shame this isn't on the top 5. It's a lot better than some of the songs I've heard up there. Anyway, Keep up the good work!

PearlDrummer516 responds:

Wow! One of the best you've ever heard?! I'm very pleased to know that you favor this song so much. Thank you for the kind words and good review as well. It's great to have fans. Have a listen to my other stuff as well! My song Adrenaline Break was actually #2 on the top five a while back.

nice

i definately liked this. perfect for a build-up for a coming dramatic scene. i cud defintaly use this in a few projects id like to do

PearlDrummer516 responds:

Well, if you would like to use this in a flash you may. I would just appreciate a private message about what the flash will be about and such. I'm glad you like the mood of the song. This was actually one of the first pieces I wrote, and it was my first piano piece.