Reviews for "The Lovers"

Oh wow

What I see here, is chaos. I see meteors flying towards them, a fiery inferno, and storms. At the base of all this is a couple, comforting each other in their last moments before death. Touching? A bit, but also a bit cliche...like a typical movie ending.

The art is very good, I only noticed a few things I don't like about it. The girl looks like a cyclops, and the guys arm is deformed. Might wanna polish up on drawing biceps/triceps lol.

Other than those minor things, a great image. The background has a very chaotic feel to it, and that sun looks daunting. I think you did a great job on conveying that.

Keep up the great work.

-RRC-

MasterMerol responds:

I'm not very good at anatomy :(
She looks like a cyclops? Why's that?

Thanks a lot for the feedback, sorry that i didn't write a longer answer, but i just don't know what else to say.

THANKS A LOT AGAIN!!

Progressive, meaningful.

I can see this in a gallery, among seriously professional artists' pieces. Your style is unique, but somehow, it seems familiar. In my area, there's a lot of Hispanic influence, and your work reminds me of Aztec-influenced pieces. There's a classic, very refined style to the picture, and I appreciate it.

The subject matter, while obvious, is touching. With what seems to be impeding destruction in the back, a couple takes their last moments to appreciate what means most to them. Your use of nudity is warranted, as it's not gratuitous. It just serves to show the purity behind the embrace. I adore the moon and the sun; they show two completely different sides of life-- the sun, in its positive, welcoming nature, sets, to herald the moon and its darkness: death. The clouds and the meteors seemed to take up the rest of the sky, which I think is a little much. I'd pick just one.

Otherwise, the piece is very attractive. It's polished and nicely proportioned. The only issue I have with the people is the girl's eyelash. It's enormous. Kind of distracting, but no big deal.

Review Request Club

MasterMerol responds:

I'm don't know how much Hispanic influence my pictures have, but i'm sure they have some.

I'm glad you like the sun and the moon! I wanted a lot of disaster in the background, I thought lightnings would fit well, and I still do! If I had to pick one, they would be the meteors, since they are crashing the sun.

Heh, I like drawing girls with big eyes.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Looks like a story

It looks kind of like amidst all the bad things happening those two still love each other despite everything that is wrong in the background as they hug each other naked. What happened to their clothes anyway? The comets and face in the background look like they were very nicely detailed as well. Good job in that area.

The way the colors don't even conflict with each other is very good to. The hair of the characters makes it almost easy to tell if they are a guy or girl. Very wonderful piece you have done here, looks nice and slightly weird.

Review Request Club

MasterMerol responds:

That's pretty much the idea!!
They are lovers, I don't know, nudity kinda fits this kind of topics.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR REVIEW!!

this picture........

this single peice of artistry is more than just a picture.......its a story......i feel like im there with him.....him and her..........my hats off to you man! 10/10

GLAD YOU LIKED IT!!!

very deep

looks very beautiful and I like the background very much

THANKS A LOT!!!