Reviews for "Davedreams"

My heart is gladdened...

Well, that was incredible. I loved the animation, im glad that some people can still be more origional than just anime styling or stereotypical cartoons. The backgrounds were astounding, descriptive of the scene but distorted to add to the effect and theme. Don't even get me started on the music...simply phenominal. Overall, it was expertly made and quite inspirational. More like these would be more than welcome as far as im concerned. You've made the Portal a smarter place.

Sundial responds:

Im glad you recoqnized my swaying away from the mainstream. Thanks!

Holy bejesus!

Wow man, this has got to be the best silent flash movie i'v seen, the song was perfect it had very good sync with what was happening to him, also alot, if not everyone, i think can relate in someway to this movie, well keep up the good work!

Sundial responds:

I like how ppl keep recognizing how the music syncs up :) Thanks!

K...

"Hey Dave, stop flying around, and get back to your button." I want a job where I just press a button, that would kick ass, as long as it made a BLEEP! sound. Oh, anyways, umm... I didn't like your graphics. And those traced bitmaps looked horrible. Sound was pretty good.

Sundial responds:

LOL, sure that kinda job is easy, but Dave has been doing it for years, and also, he's pressing a button which is polluting the environment, and that upsets Dave. Maybe if the button was making a "BLEEP!" then Dave wouldn't get upset. It's funny you mentioned the traced bitmap backgrounds, because i hated using them at first as well. The thing is, I made this for school. My art class wouldn't know that a traced bitmap background is a cheap and easy way to make a background, so i used them anyway. If i had made this movie solely for newgrounds, there would have been none of that. Ah well, i made frontpage anyhow. Thanks!

I think watching this made me dumber...

But what the hell! I don't care! Five vote all the way!

Sundial responds:

No, it actually made you much smarter. :|

Inspirational

Like the previous poster I only review very very good flash art. I suppose this might have been made by the same artist that created a flash animation about a metal welder dissatified with his job. In essense it shows the contrast nature of life in a montonous boring dead-end job and what the nature of existence that is availabe to us only in day dreams. The man uses his imagination as an escape. I felt moved by this animation. The sound score of absolutely wonderful.