Reviews for "Karco - Beginnings(Incomplete)"

Not into it

Sorry, but I didn't like this song very much. I liked the part at 1:00, nice and slow which went well with the music you had. I think this would've been much better as a slow song - didn't work fast paced.

Karco responds:

Huh, that's too bad. Thanks anyway for the review. :)

Hey review

Hey Karco,

So I see you like the repetitive music. I'm going to adjust my scores based on trance...since I guess it has to be repetitive to be real trance. This is what I thought

Good:
1) I like the opening percussion. I don't know if there is a bass with that percussion...sounds like there is only on certain beats. This is all before the introduction of other instruments at 29 seconds.
2) Sounds a bit heaven like in 29 seconds and later. Same pattern until some small changes at 59 seconds. Maybe you were trying to use one of the instruments as a filler because I can hardly here it.
3) 2:28 I'm glad you got the percussion toned down a bit. I can hear more stuff now.

Weird:
1) 2:57 I didn't like the fade out and some wavy like effect of that one instrument. Was a little too long. I can hardly hear the accompanying instruments too.
2) got some clipping around the 4 minute mark or just some massive amounts of white noise. Either way, it's simple to fix.
3) I notice that background instrument that almost sounds like a choir is a bit too loud in some places. It sometimes doesn't have a in tune sound.

You got the beginning done nicely. I think you may have rushed the middle and ending parts of this song. The song has a lot of reverb which is great in lots of parts. A lil too much in some parts too. This song does have a mini journey feel to it so great job on giving the listener a space experience. I suppose you won't work on this song for a while. Oh well, time to get more inspiration to make this song better than it is now. Demo songs get 9/10 by me usually. No marks taken off for repetitiveness. Keep it up. 5/5 vote.

Bye for now

Karco responds:

Shoot, I haven't heard from you in forever. :O At least I haven't missed too much on your page, it seems... knowing you, though, you submitted a few songs and removed them later. You always do these days. D: And yeah, this song's a bit more repetitive. Like always, I'll go through your review, point by point:

Good:
1) Well, if by bass, you mean kick or bassdrum, there kinda is - it's a weak one that's part of the loop, which I EQed up a little bit.
2) Kinda does, huh? :) I don't think I had any "filler" instruments in that section, though...
3) Good to hear. Though I completely removed the drums, I didn't tone them down. :P

Weird: (ha, funny, you never say bad XD)
1) The wavy effect would be sidechaining... you could hardly hear some of the instruments, though? Definitely possible, I can see where you're coming from there.
2) Yeah, there's clipping/crackling/distorting throughout the song, I submitted this because I was sick of it and didn't feel like working on it anymore. In turn, I didn't bother with removing the crackling. ;)
3) Hm, too loud? I didn't think so, I could always turn it down some, though. And I'm pretty sure it was in tune... oh well. :\

The beginning was pretty good, but the middle didn't feel too rushed to me, and the ending was where I was still working when I quit working on this song. :\ Yeah, there's lots of reverb, and yeah, it crowds the song a bit sometimes. XD The journey feel was... somewhat intended, I guess. I was aiming at something else though you can look at it that way. And I don't think I'll be working on this one for a while, if at all. Oh well. :\ And, you know, instead of ignoring repetitiveness, you can just judge it by a different standard. ;D

Thanks for the review and the 5. :D

W00T!

I WANNA SEE THIS ON TOP 5!!!!

it SO reminds me of ATB!

5/5
10/10

I can listen to this all day. Make a 20 minute track. I'll download it.

Karco responds:

Ha, glad you like it that much! :D And I seriously doubt it'll get finished, but if it does, you'll be one of the first to know. ;) Thanks for the review!

here's your review =)

Mmkay, so I'm done playing poker, and I said I would come on over and ship out a review. It may not shock you, but I used to write long reviews like you have when I first created an account here. I kind of don't know what happened, so I guess I just lost my touch in writing, which I guess is why I'm sticking to writing screenplays lately. Anyways, on to the review.

The beginning (heh) is kind of funny. Sounds like it's coming straight out of a radio, oddly once the beat comes in, it instantly just sounds like a normal part of the song. I might have to try that sometime in the future. Or once I get FL or something, I might just have to remix this =P

I so badly want to see what's next for this song, because it has all the supplies to be the best song on NG, just as you say your having problems with it, which is a shame. It's got MANY flavors of some of my favorite artists (ATB, Cordis). I mean, when the beat is going, it's an awesome song, but I think the song really shines when their are no drums backing up the synths, which is almost similar to ATB's style.

Like I said over MSN, the pitch bend near the 4 minute mark is possibly the msot beautiful thing I have ever heard on NG. I honestly can't compare it to anything else on this site, and it's such a fresh aspect to the song. It was so unexpected to hear that and I'm just completely in love with it.

If this is not to be and this song can't pick up, I would just put in a notion that that melody right there is totally worth it to keep moving. I don't exactly know what the trouble is, because this song is just working wonders for me right now. Once the song cuts out, you could of easily brought back that melody that I'm loving so much, if it didn't fit with the notes, you could of easily rendered it somehow to fit. From there, it could o just died down like any other Progressive Trance track would.

The song does not have to be energetic really. It's perfectly serene as it is, and if I was working on this, I would keep it exactly how it sounds. This is by far my favorite song from you, and I just hope you don't give up on it so quickly, because it's got A LOT of potential.

10/10; 5/5

Karco responds:

It's actually not that shocking to me, for some reason. :P

And I guess I can see what you're talking about with the radio. Though it's just a raw VEC2 loop. XD A remix would be awesome, I'd like to see where you'd go with this. You definitely have everything you need. :O

Best song on NG? Ha, I wish. And yeah, the Cordis influence on this song was huge, though I told you on MSN I've only listened to two of ATB's songs, once or twice, as well as a few 30-second previews on iTunes, if those count at all. XD

Once again, ha, I wish. XD Glad you like it that much, it kinda is a big part of the melody. :D And that's just the problem. I know exactly where to go with this song, I could finish it if I wanted to, probably before June. It would be well over 8 or 9 minutes long, and you, and everyone else, would probably like it even more. Thing is, I'd be forcing it to happen. :\

Yeah, it's got a lot of potential. :) Thanks for the review/high ratings, I'll consider it.

Nice.

The Pad is Really Killer, i like how it builds up, and keeps a nice pace.

Nice Song, really pro stuff.
Keep it up!
Cheers!

Karco responds:

Thanks for reviewing, glad you liked it. :)