Reviews for "A Young Mind"

Brilliant!

From a listener's perspective, it's flawless, but from a critic's perspective, I'd like to make a few suggestions. Namely, is the realism. I'm not terribly concerned about this, as it doesn't effect the sound of the song at all, but if you ever wanted this played live, it would be fatal. Bell ensembles usually stick to a few notes, yet there are quite a few key changes, and this could lead to the need of an unrealistically large ensemble. Also, in terms of parts, i feel the harp may feel a little left out. The harp is stuck playing arpeggios for the entire piece, and I thing a harpist would appreciate something that resembles the beautiful melody you've created. Also, towards the end, I hate the fadeout! It needs a solid ending! This song is far too well-structured to end with a fadeout! I personally think the F that the higher strings are holding should resolve to an Eb at the very last couple measures, and then you should end on a F major chord.

I don't meant to write it for you, because this is beyond my level of compositional prowess, but those are just a couple things i had to mention in hopes you could work on it.

Regards,
MJTTOMB

Bosa responds:

Instead of handbells, I used a Celeste to play diverse notes (Don't get them confused with one another.) I only kept the handbells playing repetitive simple notes. I would not allow myself to be foolish with music, and I'm not gonna do it here.

About the harp.. I don't know how harpists think, therefore I am not.

About the ending, I've never been good with these. The ending is always my weakest link and I hate to say it, but I don't think I'll ever change from this stance. The fade out was just an idea that popped in my head from nowhere, and I just wanted to see what response it would bring.

With best regards,
Bosa

The-Great-One's 300th Audio Review

I'm just in awe about this song. I never thought that a song like this would be my 300th audio review. I'm speechless to give words at all. Thank you for creating such a song, you've brought back so many memories.

Wow, an honor it is!

I'm glad this song came when it did, or I'd see a different face! I'm happy for you and all of Newgrounds on a successful run!

-Bosa

AH!

Finally, what I was looking for. A nice, relaxing melody that isn't too robust or too mellow. Just right. Thanks, favorited #2.

wonderful

It is nice to have something pleasing to listen to when you want to relax. Congrats on another fantastic track :)

Oooooh.

Very wierd and cool. I really like the way you've started to branch out in your classical music. You seem to have created a new genre completely.

Bosa responds:

Why thank you! I'm not sure what the genre should be called, however.