Reviews for "A Young Mind"

A masterpiece

I love this song. You have really outdone yourself. I cant stop coming back to this song, day after day. You have an amazing talent, one which I could only hope for. Keep up the good work!

My first review

Hello, Bosa!

I'm also intrested in making classical musics like that one, but I'm new on NG, maybe I'll upload some musics of my own ones.

The music sounds fantastic, remind me for mementos about my childhood. The music sounds like when a young mastermind thinking. Good job. And keep it up!

10/10, of course.

Percussion-rific

There is a lot to like in this highly stylized piece. While nothing is ever perfect, the overall feel is very exotic. As a bell ringer, I have an appreciation for the lesser known forms of percussion.

Ack, I keep listening to this song, and while there are things I want to critique, there is this strange resonance be between the bells and the xylophone-ish sound thats driving me nuts. While I'm not fond of the harsher sound of non-bell high notes they are at the core the source of the exotic nature of the piece.

About the only thing I would change is possibly the mixing of the finale. The overall volume of the movement doesn't match with the rest of the song. There are too many competing interments, with bells, harps, pianos and strings all going full blast at the same time. I would suggest moving some of the elements to a more supporting role, and balance out the remaining. I personally find the ending just fine. There is nothing wrong with a softening strings. I personally would have made a more perfunctory drawn out final note in the last repeat, in place of letting it fall off, but thats a more personal choice.

I really enjoyed this piece and picking it a part in my head. Its been a long time since I've had a sound that give me a headache when trying to separate the notes. I'm looking forward to listening to some of your other work.

Yep, brilliant.

I haven't been keeping up with the Audio Portal lately, so it's been a while since I've heard any of your pieces. The last time I remember listening to some, they were very heavy and dramatic, so this seems to be quite a stylistic change. Congratulations, because it was pulled off brilliantly. This composition is very understated, peaceful and just plain lovely.

There are only two very small things that I personally didn't like - one was a something-like-30-second section in the middle (somewhere around the two-minute mark) which was a bit too repetitive for my taste. Another is the ending, which I think faded away too abruptly. If the fade was 3-4 times longer, I think that might've worked better... (yes, it's funny that MJTTOMB is saying the opposite... but I wouldn't mind an actual ending either. I just think that if there's going to be a fade, it shouldn't be such an abrupt one)

Same title as MJTTOMB

I'm sorry I didn't discover your stuff earlier, this is a magnificent work that goes extremely well with a child-esque imagery! The themes sound like a lullaby by the melody, but the fast pace makes it sound like a bit more mature being than an infant/toddler.

The bell ensemble was a great choice for the main themes.

Some of these melodic ideas I havent heard anything remotely like them. I really love the odd string movement, THE NOTE AT 3:07 WAS FANTASTIC AND COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED! haha i didnt like it at first, but listening to it the second time around was really nice.

Your sounds are nice and lush, only complaint would be to make the harp have a bit more noticeable dynamics to go along with the rise and fall of the harp. And since there's no bass in here, the cello sections might make the mix sound a bit fuller if they were centered.

and I agree with MJTTOMB, I think a non-fading out ending would have been more suitable. Maybe pull out one of your magical chords that you're so good at :D and stick it in the end, or have the harp melody loop right back into the intro, which would be great for a flash game.

Everything harmonizes so well..I probably talked to much because this is too complex for me to comment on elaborately...well, i'm gonna check out more of your music right now.