Reviews for "+After the Fallout+"

Great

Loved the piano, how did you make them? The violins sounded too synthy, may i reccomend using DSK strings, it's free and great. Loved the sax and loved the dreamy feel it gave. Maybe adding some orchestral percussion that would make it feel bigger you know. The ending could have been better but the song was great still.
Great Job.

Jurian

WritersBlock responds:

Thanks. The piano was a sample with added reverb and delay, I think that the violins would have sounded better with reverb, I used to use DSK strings all the time, but my computer hates it, and it sounds out of tune, most of the time, I'll probably just play with the soundfont to get a richer sound. Maybe I could have made a second half to the song, which has more of an epic apocalypse feel, but I just stuck with what I was comfortable with, so maybe later, I'll feel adventurous enough to blend jazz with a grander epic orchestra.
Thanks for the review.

Saxtastic

This is a brilliant track, the piano intro is superb and is coupled very nicely with the violins that join it, and excellent use of the saxaphone.
Throughout the song the saxaphone is used very well within it and id recommend you use sax again in other pieces. I really like how the whole piece just slows down completely at the end, and not just slops abruptly.
Very Cool

[Review Request Club]

WritersBlock responds:

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you like it. I was just messing around with sounds, and the saxophone really took me by surprise, so I'll probably write more for the sax, although I'll probably look into collaborating with RadioactiveRhino or TheLobsterman, to get a live recorded sax, because that would be cool.

Nice use of Sax

This is a well performed piece, with a good piano track, well complimented by the use of the Saxophone.

I think it ends rather abruptly and to be honest, you could use some percussion to round the whole piece off nicely.

The length was good and all together it sounded good, but not brilliant.

[Review Request Club]

WritersBlock responds:

Thanks for the review. I wasn't sure how to put percussion in this, so I usually leave that sort of thing alone. Cheers, the comments have been noted.

Great

Amazing song, great build up. You used the sax excellently. Really liked how it seemed to become one great sax party.With one sax after the other being introduced. A really good piano/strings backup just topped it off completely, great job

=Review Request Club=

WritersBlock responds:

Cheers. Would you like to come to my sax party?

Calm

It has quite a clam sound to it which sounds very good and it seems to be pretty constant all the way through, as well as having a little veriation, which is nice. The ending is kind of diffrent to the rest of the song in a way but it does sound to be pretty good, so that's nice to hear. Everything seems to fit in well though it does seem to go by qucker than the actual lengh of the track.

Not too much more I can say, a little longer might have been good but it's not really a problem here, seems to be long enough. Can't really say I noticed any rough sounds though, so you're safe there from me, lol. Overall pretty nice work.

4/5

= Review Request Club =

WritersBlock responds:

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you like it.