Reviews for "Arrogancy Game Demo"

It shows effort.

This is an interesting game, one that I've not seen too many duplicates of. Some parts are slightly misleading. Such as the swinging outside of fighting sequences (I will not lie. I tried to beat up Ness). Overall it's a good game. It shows much more effort than many games I see on newgrounds. I am a newbie flash probrammer and I know how difficult it can be.

Some of the people who make the reviews don't really seem to notice the small details. They click on it thinking "Oh, dating sim! There's hentai and I can get my rocks off!" instead of hoping for interactivity and humor. Inbreeding, dude, Inbreeding.

I can see that you're devoted to this game and it shows. The website is great and I hope you make more.

arrogancy responds:

You're one of the relatively few people that "gets" it, and I can see why - you know who Ness is. Most of the kids here are basically lost, but the fact that every once in a while, someone with some depth shows up and it makes everything worthwhile.

I WANT NAKED CHICKS AND FUCKING!

PLEASE DUDE, GIMME NAKED CHICKS AND SOME NICE FUCKING AND I'LL GIVE YOU A 10!

complicated

I'm sure it will be much better when it's a full game. At the minute it's very slow and no matter what i said to the girls my confidence went down. you should also put more instructions up during the actual game.For anyone who is stuck on the fight in the arcade press "s" to hit him. I'm betting on this to be one of the best things on newgrounds when its done properly but as a demo it was disappointing.

From a gamemaker to another

What's up?

My name is Steve Farfan. I've seen your some of your past stuff and this current game. I would comment about how much skill you got, but you already know how much you have, and don't need the flattery. I've made two games, sonic the pervert 1 and 2. What i've learned is from making them, is trying to listen to the reviewers. Score does count, reviews do count, and they give a good idea of where a person's submission stands if it's been on the front page.

Mostly because a large varied audience gets to look at it, people who like the genre, well wishers, angry people, and haters. the first two are easy to catch, the 3rd one is hard to. Alot of people who review my first game, sonic the pervert... have cussed it to hell. my average on reviews on the first game is about .6 less than yours. Anyways, thru all the good and bad stuff that people say, there are important problems that they point out... and then it's left up to us one man teams to figure out how to fix em.

Here are the things that may need attention in your game. Speed, art, music, and originality. Speed is the toughest part, but if you think about it, there is alot of ways to optimize your game, so that it doesn't move like a snail. for one, remember the size of your screen. i zoomed into the game and saw that their were alot of details you put into the art. good for you, bad for the player. too much detail just isn't needed... cause most people don't play the game zoomed in... and it slows the computer uneccessarily.

This is what i did to optimize my art.
1. draw the art by hand
2. ink it
3. scan it into the computer (utterly black and white)
4. import it to flash and let macromedia trace the picture.

after that try optimizing the drawing further
select your drawing, go to modify, then optimize.
when it's done optimizing, it says how many lines and curves make and has made the drawing. if it's over 500 for a small drawing, it might be too much for a standard computer. you may need to optimize further... either by hand... or by computer.

basically, by simplyfying your art... without hurting the quality people see... you make the game faster at no expense to you or the viewer. (keep a copy of the high quality version, in the past i accidently deleted them and found out later i could of used them in close-ups.)

and if you must include the high quality models... please give the player an option to switch between the two.

music?

1. give the person more variety, consider letting the person turn it off.

2. while voices aren't music... good voices can help your game considerably. (i might be able to help you there, listen to sonic on sonic the pervert 2... i did his voice.)

originality?

i can't help you there buddy, if i did, it wouldn't be original.

Take a look at the first game and the second game i made please. It might give you ideas n stuff.

also... drawing art is time consuming. It's true, i drew most of the art in my own games from scratch. I'm currently tryin to learn a free 3d program called gMax. i'll make good models and then just move them to make my animations. i personally think that will be faster than drawing the art by hand, in the long run. Try it out dude, it could save you so much time.

personally, i'm interested in what your thoughts are. I love to hear what people say. good and the bad. You don't need to answer me. Either way, i hope this review helps you.

-stevefarfan

clammoring

i wonder where i can find the full version. also how long will your site be down