Reviews for "y my 6th movie"

Could of been better...

Alright game but could be better. Actually you game was similar to a game I was making once called SPIRIT HUNTER which never made it to newgrounds becase I lost it when I upgraded to Win 98. Anyways your game was barely worth the file size. My game was 500k same zombie graphics, better house graphics and 3 times as long (and fun) The keys were a little to hard and frustrating to find (very annoying) and you pre-loader should be fixed. (it says 100% loaded even though its STILL loading.) I looked everwhere for something to click on to start it. I mean there has to be SOMETHING wrong when your score is lower than my worst (and first) Stick Click movie
"INDIANA BONES PART 1" try it out!!! But even so you still are a talented artist... you just need to work on your programming to re-duce file size. GOOD-JOB (for you) pHiL A.K.A (MR.MAN)

Violet-AIM responds:

I have mixed feelings about your review. First, thanks for giving me a review. I have to say that I don't like you making comparisons between our flash movies/games, no offense to you personally. You said that your first flash "INDIANA BONES PART 1" did better than my flash. Well, that isn't true. I checked it just now, you're at 2.80 with 710 votes, submitted 7/23/00. First, it's different comparing movies which have been on that long to movies that just appeared on for one day. Also, if you didn't notice, I have TWO parts to my movie. As of now, my 1st part (2.74) did worse (rating-wise) than my 2nd part(3.06). So if you want to get so technical about ratings, my 2nd part(3.06) did better rating-wise than your INDIANA BONES(2.80), so you are wrong that your ratings are better than mine.
It doesn't matter, I don't know why you care so much about ratings, when ratings do not necessarily mean that you are so good at flash. I've seen pieces of shit get a 3.0 something just cause the "audience" like it. I saw a stick man movie, cheesy animation, no sound, 15 sec., which has a 3.0 rating, just cause it is that way. It's obvious that some people like my movies/games and some people don't. The people who don't like it often vote "0's", and believe me, "0's" do weigh down a score. Sure, it's possible to put together a funny mp3 file with gif images and get the same rating I got, but why would I, would I be so proud of myself? Do I want to do a long STICK FIGURE movie like you did for INDIANA BONES and get your score? Naw, I'll do it my own way. So what if my movies/games don't appeal to every person. It's my art/my style!!
Now, about that SPIRIT HUNTER game you did and got lost...well, I'm not gonna argue about that, I'll take your word for it. But, how can you say that you have better zombie graphics, house graphics, 3 times as long, and more fun, when you can't prove it. As far as the graphics part are concerned, I'm not going to go bragging or comparing who is the better artist, but from what I saw, your INDIANA BONES flash was a stick figure movie, so I have YET to see you draw with detailed graphics. As far as my file size went, true, I could improve my programming skills, but making interactivity like that did add to the file size(as well as sound), and how do I know you if you really put so much into your zombie movie. If it was just a shooter game, with a single weapon, shooting down copies and copies of the same zombie, sure, it could easily be 500K. You're entitled to your own opinions, just don't get so arrogant. Make comparisons, if you must, with justifiable reasons, not ones that I can easily disprove. The keys were easy to find for some people, hard for some people, so it's a matter of opinion. Okay, I'll change the preloader next time.

Pretty fucking cool

DAMN... Violet, baby... don't listen to these people ripping your game... I'm busy making a game myself, and I know how much fucking work goes into it... I must say that I found your game damn good, even though it WAS pretty easy... For all of you who didn't like it... go eat a dick!

Violet-AIM responds:

Thanks for your positive review!!! Scanfrei, you sound like a nice person. (I'm a nice person myself, except when it comes to assholes, and in that case, I can be rude) Yeah, I was getting annoyed by these rude people ripping my game (esp. when they had no games themselves). Let me know when you finish making your game, I'd love to see it! :)

Good concept, needs work

First of all let me say that I LOVE horror movies, so I'm glad to see some of this genre coming to NG and I'm especially surprised it's coming from a girl.
Well, regards for the game itself, it needs work. First off the challenge fades away when your actually telling the people what items they are missing. It just makes it boring. You should've just kept the whole key thing a secret and let people find it for themselves.
Second, the damn gun takes to long to shoot. It kinda gets confusing because sometimes I click on the gun yet nothing happens. But when the gun DOES pop up, the zombie is about 3/4 from killing me and when I'm about to shoot I'm already dead.
And lastly third, I thought the game didn't have that much of a plot, it would've been nice to see a zombie movie with a good story.
I really liked the concept though and I highly hope you make a sequel and fix all these problems. If you do I'll bet you'll have a winner.:)

Violet-AIM responds:

First: Keeping the key thing a secret might stump a lot of people....like I said before, 3 reviewers had asked me "Where's the key?", so it shows me that even with my hints/directions, this game isn't so easy for everyone.
Second: The gun part, you have to click on the gun each time it moves, my choice of a challenge, just like how each time, the zombie is 3/4 to killing you, the short time thing is an intentionally made challenge too, and just hitting spacebar is the option for no challenge.
Third: Maybe my focus for this game was more action and less LONG boring dialogues, since it's my preference not to have a stupid made-up story, uh, u want a story, basically, I fell asleep, started dreaming, woke up in a house, the town is being taken over by zombies, must escape, must get to my car, where it is safe, and drive to another city, maybe one without zombies....that's how my nightmare went, sorry if my dreams are too boring for you, but it scared the hell outta me when i was dreaming it.
Fourth: A sequel, if I decide to make one, will definitely have improvements, I'll pay attention to the reviews and the suggestions.

Whatever...

This game would be a lot funner if you could kill off the second and third groups of zombies. You have a gun, but cannot shoot it. You have ammo, but you cannot load the gun. I believe your game would do much better if you skipped some of the no-brainers (i.e., found a gun THEN had to find the ammo, but then it was automatically loaded so you can actually use it.) Other than that complaint, I thought it was stupid to not let the player advance until they had found all the items required. Where's the challenge. You're going to have to think a little more...

Violet-AIM responds:

What do you mean? Yes, you do get to use the gun(until you run out of bullets), and then later, you use the shotgun. You use the shotgun to kill the last 3 zombies in part one.
Your comments were probably based on the fact that you never did get past the 2nd and 3rd set of zombies, since you thought they couldn't be "killed off". And you tell me in your reviews that the game isn't challenging enough? If it isn't challenging enough, then how come you couldn't figure out how to use the weapons like the other people could?

Key!

Where is it?
Or is it the one I found under the desk, if yes, how do i use it?? I tried click my mouse, pressing spacebar. But none worked!

Violet-AIM responds:

The key is behind the picture on the wall.....I think I said that TWICE already in my response to reviews. The car key you found under the desk is supposed to be used later, like in part two. I don't get why people have trouble with finding the key. It just takes moving your mouse over the whole screen to find that right spot, which is about the size of a dime (I think). You use spacebar for fighting zombies (as the alternative to mouse clicking).