Reviews for "Alone"

Outstanding.

I'm not sure what this picture is trying to tell, but a picture speaks a thousand words, and I believe it speaks different words to everyone, just like a poem. I'll tell you what it speaks to me.

This woman is a nature lover who is sick of the world around her. Sick of urbanization, I presume, from the cut-down trees and lack of natural attributes in the vicinity. She's tired of trees being cut down and plants being perished, the world losing its greens and gaining grays. Her lack of fancy or flamboyant clothes also hints to her lack of urbanization.

She is alone because there is nobody to side with her in her fascination of nature, all her friends (if she had any to start with) and family members succumbed to the magic of urbanization. She may be dropping her book (a book about nature, it seems) because she's giving up on life, the falling of book foreshadowing her fate. The fact that she's standing near the water, and the water being a typical choice for suicide also hints to her suicidal thoughts. The apple swimming in the water might represent nature, swimming slowly away from the city and into a sea, only to sink deep down and get lost in there forever.

There really doesn't seem to be anything to improve here, though I can't help but notice that the apple doesn't sink in the water. There don't seem to be any trees around, so the picture can't be the moment of the apple making contact with the water. If it isn't a fallacy, I think I can see why: some parts of the nature always stay with the world. They don't sink. The firm tree in the background might also support this hypothesis.

Moving away from the story, everything about this picture is just excellent. The lines are decent, the colors are brightening, the shadowing is suitable, etc etc.

Keep up the good work, I really liked this. It deserves a nice place in my "favorite art" list.

10 out of 10, 5 out of 5. Good job.

~Review Request Club

Merol responds:

Well, it's very interesting how you created a whole story just from a little picture. You're right when you say that it speaks different words to everyone, since it tells something mostly different for me, but I won't tell you what because your history is just too great!!!

About the book, maybe it's a book about nature, maybe not, I'll just tell you that the picture is kind of related to some more of my draws, and I won't tell you anything else because i'm curious about what they will speak to you (if you see them).

And, at the risk of screw up the magic, I'm pretty sure that apples float on the water, so, I see no reason for it to sink deep down.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! and congratulations because I think you have lots of imagination. (Also, it's AWESOME that you added this in your favorites)

This a sequel?

Is this like when she get home from that coconut bowl and reaches land?

-Art-
You can tell she just doesn't care that she has just given up on everything.The destroyed tree and building shows that it has been kind of a dump.The trash make it look more like a dump.The apple and book in the water made it like a polluted kind of place.This place is terrible and she just wants a change

i favorited this one to and added you in to my favortie artist

[Review Request Club]

Merol responds:

It's not a sequel, but still, it's kind of related to the coconut picture.

Yes, it would be terrible to be alone in a place like that!!

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!
(Also THANKS again for adding this picture to your favorites, and for adding me too!!!!!!!)

Great

I like how you always seem to include an apple in your drawings, could be a trademark, just like DalÃ- and his clocks he always drew.

I like Domo's idea with the sequel to the coconut-picture. Could also be a prequel. The two are stranded somewhere (or maybe she is alone in that place and she meets the male sometimes lates).

But as we can see she throws away the book here, it has to be some sort of prequel, as we can see the same book in the coconut shell in the other picture.

Anyway, sequel or not, I like this piece and I also like it's related in some way to the other picture. We can see some elements in both pictures and the female character seems to be the same as well.

There's really nothing more I can say about this picture other than: I really like it!

{ Review Request Club }

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Though it's not a sequel, it's still related to the coconut picture, but also is related to the Long Legs girl picture, and not just because of the apples.

There's really nothing more I can say about this review other than: THANKS A LOT!!!!
(Also, I saw you added some of my pictures to your favorites, that really means a lot!!!)

Hmmmmm!

What's wrong with apples?

Everyone loves apples!!!

Love it.

You're my favorite artist/game maker. I love how the pictures that you add are more to the story of your game. I assume that it was well thought out. You inspire me, and I can't wait to see more of your work. ^-^

Merol responds:

I'm glad you like my stuff!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!