Reviews for "Blues Sketch #2, "Death""

Seriously...

I've never ever heard a saxophone in a real blues song. I always relate saxophones to Jazz. Never to blues. I think this is most excelent. A bit "dull" here and there. But overall this is great. When I say dull I mean that nothing is happening. A bit too large pauses etc. Other then that , great sound , great feeling .
Keep it up.

adompeace responds:

There can be a sax in a blues. After all, blues is the root of all jazz. Also, the sax is a pretty universal instrument. It's in pop, rock, jazz (obviously), funk, latin, soul, and even punk on rare occasions. Most commonly in jazz though.

Almost a perfect Score -

For a perfect Audio. It certainly is Blues, with the distinguishing Piano parts in there, which Is what I belive make a blues song. Piano's and Saxaphone's. Sadly, There was no saxaphone in this peice, which I think downgraded it slightly. Hence why you only have a nine from me. Also, Some Vocals Would be nice, even if you do just take the vocals from a different song, it would still be better.

Overall : Good Piano, Needs more Saxaphone.

adompeace responds:

I always get that remark about the sax. OK I'll put in a sax.

Yeah....

I know this is really nerdy, but Cowboy Bebop instantly came to mind while listening to this.

Anyways, I don't know why anyone wouldn't believe this isn't Blues. It clearly has the sound of it. Why are there the pauses between the movements though? Just a little irksome, because when I'm starting to get into it, it feels like a break. Mmm, I can't really offer any constructive criticism past that, sorry.

And yes, I do give out 10's like they're nothing.

Chilling, sends tingles down my spine.

This song gave me shivers. I would definately consider putting a nice mid-range sax. Not really sax solos, try to keep the focus on the piano. But have some nice, looooooooooooooong sax screams in there, just to add some emotion.

Pretty damn good

hey man i thought was done really well. I agre with below me. If you think this isn't blues u need to listen more carefully to the undertones and stuff. i like it dude good stuff