Reviews for "Cayur - Better Days"

OMG!!!!!

I LOVE JAPANESE STYLE THIS IS AWSOME SO PEACEFUL I GIVE YOU A 10/10 BRO KEEP IT UP AND I MISS JAPAN TOO

Hahahaha, thanks.

in awe once again....

Heartfelt. Very nice chord progression in the start. Extremely calm, very serene. while upfront the notes are upbeat, there is some underlying tones of sadness. Excellent choice of pads for this too- I really love the warming texture, sounds like you've got some muffled pad combined with a woodwind of sorts and some mild strings. Very visual too, it would work wonders in a scene were someone such as a father is having a flashback of their deceased wife and daughter, are playing gracefully in a field, or a vision were he's talking to his past away family in heaven. Well, that's what it reminds me of atleast anyway.

Hi hats, come in nicely, i like the panning effects and blend of experimental blends in rhtyhms. quite minimalistic too, which is great for not ruining the mood. While I do appreciate experimentation, perhaps some of the little percussion snippets were just a tad overdone, and perhaps you could have eventually built up a more steady beat, as the constant mallet percussion doesn't seem like it should be there- but at the same time I would hate to tell a musician to take something out. the track does take quite a shift when the guitars come in my opinion, but I like them more listening the third time around. very lifting melodies. Ending was done nicely too, I like how you establish a nice meld of sound and fade it out. (tho I think it would sound better without the choppy delay effect)

man, another excelllent track. loving the production from start to end once again, just keep up the good work and continue to upload more to NG! :D

sculpted-cold responds:

This one is about how much I miss Japan, so it's sort of upbeat and depressing at the same time. The drums took me awhile to do because there's lots of panning and volume changes, but you're right about the snare that's playing on the offbeats. I think I might just turn the volume down on that a little bit. The guitars were kind of a last minute idea I had while listening to it, haha. They could be mixed a little bit better, though. I'm kind of surprised no one has said anything about that yet.

Fun fact: I actually used my delay pedal for this song...instead of using FL Delay.

Thanks for the listen/rate/review/criticism; always love reading it from you! :D

Great

I love the sound, I'm actually arranging these on winamp to listen to while I fall asleep. The ambience is perfect, a true reminder of better days. You have a gift, and thank you for sharing this with me.

sculpted-cold responds:

You want some good sleeping music? Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place is one of my favorite albums; you should check it out. Honestly though, I really appreciate the feedback; it makes me feel as if my music isn't worthless. Thanks so much, man...and you're welcome. :D

sounds like

an old tokyo town. really relaly nice ambience. could see this walking thorugh an old asaian town. awesome stuff man

sculpted-cold responds:

Spot on, my friend. I wrote this to remind myself of how much fun I had in Tokyo; hence the title "Better Days".

Glad you liked it, though. :)

nice one

You're one talented musician...
this song is really atmospheric. Guitar parts fit in perfectly. Reminds me Helios.
Keep on this way ;)