Reviews for "++ The Journey Begins ++"

Chrono Cross

If I had to pick a mood that this would set nicely for, that would be it. All Tropical and carefree...have not yet crossed into another world yet. Lenna all watchin kinds and junk: "go get me a necklace" hunting music.

Word, I Feel ya, good one.

kelwynshade responds:

Thanks man. Chrono Cross was an excellent game.

I agree with the "go get me a necklace" feel. haha.

I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Music to my ear

Hey, nice song. I don't usually check out Video Game music category. I might use this one for my next flash movie.

5/5, 10/10
Cheers!

kelwynshade responds:

Awesome. glad you liked it.

Very Nice

I like this, it sounds really good, and you did a great job on making it sound happy.
5/5

~S-Guy

Thanks.

Upbeat and very catchy^_^

I must say this piece really is pretty catching haha I've listened to it countless times over.

Anyway, on to the review!

What I see when I hear this is a group of very good friends walking across a meadow clearing, with wide brimmed smiles on their faces as they walk amongst the weeds and tease each other and poke fun of their sillyness.

Really does create a positive mood and feeling.
Enjoyed this a great deal.
5/5
~andrew

kelwynshade responds:

Thanks. Believe it or not creating a happy and upbeat feeling song is not an easy task. Especially for me and my buddy ncjason77. I suppose we're just depressing people, haha.

Thanks man. happy to hear you liked this one too.

Sounds like something from one of my fav games.

Yeah hey, this is pretty awesome. I can listen to this for hours in the background while I take care of real life business.

That and it wants to remind of the style of music from the game Chrono Cross. It's one of my favorite games.

I can't think of anything that would really need improving at all. Even the looping is smooth enough that I don't notice it unless I'm paying attention. To me that's one of the most important things of a good peice of music. Some of the instruments feel a little bit 'strong' in places such as the section before the middle but its not offensive to the ears. The melody changes enough to not drag out into monotony and it feels like it has a good overall balance.

kelwynshade responds:

Awesomeness. Thanks for the time spent in your review.

I tend to try to make most songs loop to keep that RPG feel. I want someone to be able to play a track, do something else and not notice at all that the song has been looping over and over.