Reviews for "++ The Journey Begins ++"

Cool

This should be in a game. I like the melody.

kelwynshade responds:

Maybe someday... just maybe.

Very nice

I like the bass most. The melodies are nice and fresh. altough there is a bit dissonance because of the different tuning at the end of the 4th bar wich you didn't respect.

The title fits perfect. Downloadin'

kelwynshade responds:

The bass keeps the whole song together well I think. Thanks.

Cool

Wat game is this song frm

kelwynshade responds:

There is no game. This isn't from anything specific at all.

Just thought of a tune and made it happen.

Mighty uplifting

That rising little bass doodle that's going straight through the entire song sure as hell makes the tune uplifting. You did indeed create that kind of "first time in grasslands" or whatever feel very well. My only complaint on the song is how the drum kit sounds horrible. Patterns are basic and good sounding, but the track could really need some better drum sounds.

My suggestions are to get rid of or replace that tambourine with something, or just lower its volume, since it stands more out than it should. Then get up the toms volume, find a thicker, less punchy kick, and replace the clap with an acoustic snare. At least that's how I could figure it would sound better

Pretty much everything else sounds great, I really love the mood that pizz and guitar adds to it. Well done!

kelwynshade responds:

I appreciate the feedback. I do agree that the drumkit I used definatly isn't one of the best I have, however I figured it sounded good compared to titles like Secret of Mana and such.

I also agree that the tambourine is a bit too loud as well.

Thanks for checkin it out!

i don't think so :)

for me it sounds more like ending than beginning... I mean that happy ending where the heroes are now just thinking back on their adventures.....everything bad is over and they are happy and feeling good... like me listening to this song ! I can clearly see it as a ending, really... anyways, great song dude !

kelwynshade responds:

Well, in all honesty, I was torn myself when I was working on it. I personally felt it could be an ending theme too, however I didn't want to add too much, so when I completed it I figured it would work out better as a beginning journey theme.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback.