For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 177 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for ""R""

Excellent work

It's always nice to have a reminder here and there that people are actually using their heads and not just throwing together 'Kill yourself in the coolest way' flash movies and such. You get my standing ovation.

Da-Dinictus responds:

In that case, I'll just bow...
*bows*
Thank you for those kind words, friend. Yes, that was pretty much what I thought what actually would be my first full feature length Flash cartoon. Appearantly, it all payed off ^_^

the reason of life is sex

All cool but the reason of life is sex

OMG

your movies rules...

...

... well, to begin with, I'd like to make a small correction on Zeno's paradox. It is no longer a mystery (so to speak) and can be "solved" with a little knowgledge of Calculus. Roughly speaking, if we take the limit x->oo (x going to infite) in Zeno's paradox (or something like that, I don't remeber excatly), we see that indeed Achiles does reach the turtle at one point. Apart from that, this is a excelent movie. You go through the view points of many classic philosphers and propose your own viewpoint (which reminded me of another philosofical viewpoint, but I can't remember quite what) which although I don't agree completly (and cannot possibly express my own viewpoint in this limited space) was interesting and well thought. All in all, a great concept and a great execution. =]

Da-Dinictus responds:

Yes, with a limit, Achilles passes the tortoise. But, seeing from his earlier views upon time as infinite amounts of 'shots of stasis', the tortoise will always be ahead of Achilles.

Very Interesting

Just one problem, however: Zeno's paradox, about Achilles and the Tortoise, does not really "baffle mathematicians", as stated. The paradox comes from the subdivision of time into infinitely small units, and there is an entire branch of mathematics, Calculus, devoted to those types of problems. Using limits and Riemann sums, one is able to add up such infinitely small units and get a non-infinite, non-zero total. In addition, looking at the purely physical interpretation of the puzzle, there is a quantum of time, so a paradox fails to occur at all. On the whole, though, very, very good film, with many strong points.

Da-Dinictus responds:

Hmmm... I should've looked that up. Riemann sums have always proved problematic to me on High School X_X