Reviews for "Rainy Night"

For whatever reason, traffic lights on a rainy night *specifically* give me the nicest vibes. It feels like you don't know where you are but you don't care.

I dunno how you pulled off the neon light dither, but damn it works so well here

i dig it. good job. same goes for your other stuff.

This is so breath taking. Nice work!

No clue what someone below was complaining about with it looking too "eerie" or why that would even begin to take away from the beauty in the first place. Eerie or not, this is yet another magnificent work. I could sit and watch the lights change for hours, probably. I love that the rain isn't too overpowering or pronounced. I can almost hear the raindrops. I think that an opportunity was missed in bringing a subtle ripple to the reflections of light in the foreground, which would have probably added to the atmosphere here. That aside, you definitely have a knack for capturing snapshots from life and executing them beautifully in pixel format.

moertel responds:

Thanks so much for your feedback! For the reflections I was aiming to let them look like wet concrete, not necessarily puddles; which I guess is why adding ripples didn't even occur to me. This piece was a hard one in general because of all those different textures. Still learning in that regard, so suggestions like these are much appreciated.